Hi there:
    I have an older (ancient...) 8520 curve...
    Of course, much of the device is no longer supported.
    I've been a user of the 8520 since 2000.
    Prior phone (even as of a month ago) was able to receive yahoo email to the phone...
    I would like to have the same feature on "new" 8520, though it does not allow me to add my own email; the only option is to "use work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server". Can I add a new option to allow me to add an email?
    Internet only seems to be available via wi-fi and believe I need that to set up email (or not)?.
    Failing any of that, can I have my email jst sms text me when email it arrives? I've gone through the notification option on yahoo, been on the phone with blackberry and tmobile....
    Thank you in advance.
    09-04-19 11:53 AM
    Internet only seems to be available via wi-fi and believe I need that to set up email (or not)?.
    Is your APN set up? See How to set the APN settings on the BlackBerry smartphone

You'll need to find the APN for T-Mobile and enter it.

Failing any of that, can I have my email jst sms text me when email it arrives? I've gone through the notification option on yahoo, been on the phone with blackberry and tmobile....
    Thank you in advance.
    You might be able to if:

1. Yahoo mail allows automatic forwarding in the settings.

2. T-Mobile has an email to SMS gateway.

It appears that Yahoo does allow forwarding and that T-Mobile does have a gateway.

So you should be able to forward your Yahoo mail to 1XXXXXXXXXX@tmomail.net, where the Xs are your ten-digit phone number, by following these instructions: https://www.lifewire.com/forward-yah...ddress-1174481
    09-04-19 09:02 PM