Does anyone know when the next offical OS is comming out for the sprint 8530

Ive heard that OS 6 is not going to be available but is there another one on the way ??

and if so what are gonna be the main highlights of the new os

thanx
    Last edited by abdelmalak; 08-13-10 at 08:19 PM.
    08-13-10 08:15 PM
    dont know man i'm mad that the 8530 is none getting 6 cuz i have that phone but the 9300 is wtf is that about.

i shoulda got a bold 9650.
    08-13-10 08:35 PM
    I haven't heard anything about a new update from sprint. it's old news about the os6. it's not the biggest and best os in the world. if you haven't noticed by now no one really talks about it except the people who have compatible phones or letting RIM trick them into buying a os6 phone.
    08-13-10 10:45 PM
    i would like to think that we would at least get bits and pieces of os6.
    08-13-10 11:16 PM

Ive heard that OS 6 is not going to be available but is there another one on the way ??

thanx
    I don't know why everyone on here is going ape crap over os 6 I see on here people saying they want the bold 9650 let me tell you that phone is 1000 times better than the 8530. The 8530 sucks to no end I went threw 10 of them and they were all problems. Now that I have the bold 9650 its 1000 times better and I don't care about the os 6 I personally will not update when it comes out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 11:36 PM
    i'm not concerned with having the newest thing... my problem is that the majority of the apps and themes are switching to OS 6 and even OS 7 and they say that they're still compatible with OS 5 but they have problems working properly. Some of these apps cause my phone to freeze, and some even cause my screen to turn white and the phone freezes, while trying to use the app... there are also "uncaught exceptions" that cause my phone to freeze. i just want my phone to work at least close to how it's supposed to.

don't get me wrong... i hate my phone just as much as the next person... but it's what i have right now and i need it to work.

maybe i'm wrong about the origin of my problem; and if that's the case, any one have any ideas?
    07-28-11 02:02 AM
    Hopefully someone releases a good, free OS 6 (or 7) theme icons for OS 5. I'm not forking out 1.99 for a theme that might potentially slow down my phone a lot! like the Dreamtorch theme. Great theme, but suuuper slow. D:

Or maybe RIM could release an update that improves speed and includes OS 6 or 7 icons?
    07-28-11 05:07 AM

thanx
    Don't take this the wrong way but I had your phone on Sprint and ddecided to upgrade to the Bold 9650 and wow what a difference! You have a great opportunity to upgrade or just buy a 9650 without contract due to the new Bold Touch coming out or if you really want to step it up grab yourself a new Bold Touch in 4 weeks.
    07-28-11 07:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD