Hi,

My BB 8520 was sent for repair. It can't be repaired so I should be getting an exchange. I do not know if the new one will get sent with the phone. I sent it through my network provider and I do not think they have the 8520 in stock anymore. They have the 9300. Would I be able to add my backed-up data such as contacts, sms messages etc. from my computer even though the OS and phone are different?
    04-12-12 10:20 AM
    Yes. A Desktop Manager backup only backs up your personal databases. Those databases (contacts, calendar, saved mail, etc) are compatible across all OS versions and devices. A backup does not include the OS or apps. You'll need to reload those.
    04-12-12 10:27 AM
    Just that when my phone was messing up, I upgraded from OS4 to OS5 and when I was adding the stuff back it said something about certain things not being the same version (although it installed them properly).
    Also, I HATE OS5, so if I am sent a new 8520 is it likely to have that, or OS4?
    04-12-12 01:54 PM
    Think it'll be OS 5 installed, but you can always downgrade the OS to OS 4 with BlackBerry Desktop Manager if you want.
    04-12-12 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD