Kay so I just got a new curve 8530 last night and I have a few questions.
    1. On my old Blackberry I had it set up with my Facebook so that the profile pics would automatically become their contact picture. I have it set up the same way on this phone (and I double-checked to make sure) but the picture is not showing up. When I go to the Facebook app, and then go to a contact and click "view Blackberry contact" there is no picture. So then I press "refresh Blackberry contact" and the picture shows up, but when I go to the address book there's still no picture. And then if I went back to the fb application later, there was no picture there anymore either. I have my contacts synced with my gmail.. so could that be why the pictures aren't showing up? I also have it set up so that dp's from BBM also go into the address book and it seems to be working for some contacts and not for others. But earlier some of them had pictures that now don't. I am very confused and I would like to have it set up so everyone has a contact picture. If anyone knows why this is happening please help me out thanks.
    2. I when I backed up my BBM from my gmail there's randomly a few contacts who's pictures got like really faded out. What does that mean? That the pic is not in use anymore? It could be possible cus I havent had these people on my BBM for a while.

I think that's it for now. If anyone could help me that'd be great!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-10 01:25 PM
    Kay so I just got a new curve 8530 last night and I have a few questions.

Welcome to the forums.

1. On my old Blackberry I had it set up with my Facebook so that the profile pics would automatically become their contact picture. I have it set up the same way on this phone (and I double-checked to make sure) but the picture is not showing up. When I go to the Facebook app, and then go to a contact and click "view Blackberry contact" there is no picture. So then I press "refresh Blackberry contact" and the picture shows up, but when I go to the address book there's still no picture. And then if I went back to the fb application later, there was no picture there anymore either. I have my contacts synced with my gmail.. so could that be why the pictures aren't showing up? I also have it set up so that dp's from BBM also go into the address book and it seems to be working for some contacts and not for others. But earlier some of them had pictures that now don't. I am very confused and I would like to have it set up so everyone has a contact picture. If anyone knows why this is happening please help me out thanks.

I'd remove the BBM connector and do a battery pull. After that, I believe that facebook will behave as it should. After that I think you will be able to connect contacts back to BBM with no issue. But if I were you, I would only ask BBM to replace pictures for contacts that don't have a facebook image associated.

2. I when I backed up my BBM from my gmail there's randomly a few contacts who's pictures got like really faded out. What does that mean? That the pic is not in use anymore? It could be possible cus I havent had these people on my BBM for a while.

I have no idea what you're talking about...

I think that's it for now. If anyone could help me that'd be great!

Hope this helps.
    10-01-10 05:40 PM
    When I had faded pics it was because the contact no longer had a blackberry

10-04-10 10:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD