Okay here's the deal.

I've had two blackberrys which I LOVED - the first generation Curve for AT&T and the first generation Bold for AT&T. I just recently switch to an iPhone (okay you can stop the snickering now...) but kept my Bold as my data only BB because I knew that I would eventually get a BB for work. It was just a matter of time. And well, I LOVE my BB too much to really truly let it go.

Well, from the looks of it, that time is now.

So - for a person switching from BIS to BES - what are the biggest pitfalls to look for? I know I'm definitely going to miss being able to control my own emails. I have a suspicion that I won't be able to do anything but work stuff on the BB. They are pretty anal about that kind of stuff here. No shinanigans.

Also, it looks like I'll be going from the Bold to the 8530 Curve2 for Verizon. So not only am I switching BB and BIS/BES, I'm also changing carriers.

Pluses, minuses, tips? anything would be great.

I'm just trying to be prepared. I might just come to hate the BB experience, so I'm a bit worried. I'm too much of a crackberry addict. **** - I switch to an iPhone and I am not on any iPhone forums, but I'm still here!
    01-28-10 05:49 PM
    BES is great because it gives you real time sync of all your Outlook (or other) stuff. Your inbox syncs in full as does your calendar, tasks and contacts.

The negative? You already hit it. Your admin can control what info flows to your BB.
    01-29-10 07:46 AM
    As Kadonny said above, the sync is wonderful. Not to mention all of your emails are push, immediate delivery.

I urge you to exercise caution while on your BES. As a business owner and default IT guy for my company, BES enables the IT department to see ANYTHING..EVERYTHING...just depends on how much control your company wishes to have or watch.
    01-29-10 09:28 AM
    hmm. Do i have to carry 3 phones? This is going to be pretty ridiculous and pretentious. I guess I'll have to wait and see what kind of restrictions/freedoms I'm going to have.

Damn you iPhone for all your pretty apps and really crappy mail service.
    02-03-10 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD