My blackberry 8520 was kinda dead, it used to blink red light once and three times again and repeat that cycle but wont turn on. When connected to a computer, the computer made sound of connection but again it wont last for long. the connection was for a very short time and it would connect again but disconnect again. I searched the whole google thing and downloaded the blackberry desktop manager. Desktop manager showed my blackberry for short period and lost again. Although i was trying my best to update the software of my phone as i read on some posts i visited but that didn't go well. It was updating the software but accidentally i clicked the forget device button on the desktop manager. After that, no computer is ever been able to detect my phone. The red light still blinks but now it blinks once at start and four times after it and repeats the same. When connected to computer it doesn't detect my phone any longer, not even for a second, no (Ding) sound when we connect any device to our computer. Please somebody help me make my phone alive and working again. What is the reason for this??? Or is it gonna be dead forever and there's no way out of it??? I'm looking so hard everywhere in internet if i could fix my phone. Or even if there's somebody to tell me that this phone's totally dead. Please people, help help help!!!!
    03-11-14 05:28 PM
    Make sure you have installed BlackBerry Desktop Software on your computer. Restart your computer if you must.
    03-11-14 05:34 PM
    I do havae Blackberry Desktop Software on my computer. I've been trying this for more than a week now. Not just in my computer but I tried on my friends computer too. That too doesn't detect it, no sounds too, only the red light blinks. Before it, my computer used to detect it, play sound and the red light goes like once first and three consecutive times second and repeats it. And now it blinks once at first and four times. Does that mean something too?? Nothings happening.......
    03-11-14 05:44 PM
    I do havae Blackberry Desktop Software on my computer. I've been trying this for more than a week now. Not just in my computer but I tried on my friends computer too. That too doesn't detect it, no sounds too, only the red light blinks. Before it, my computer used to detect it, play sound and the red light goes like once first and three consecutive times second and repeats it. And now it blinks once at first and four times. Does that mean something too?? Nothings happening.......
    03-11-14 05:51 PM
    Have you tried the BBSAK software? That detected my BB when the desktop software couldn't.
    :-)
    03-18-14 07:47 AM