Ok, I've searched on how to use Device Switcher and how to creat your BIS account on the internet (currently don't have it, I do every email adjustment on my phone). But I'm planning on buying a used Bold 9000 as a second BB. I did want to buy a Nokia E75 or N97 but decided that nokia is way to unstable and BB has been great in the past 3 months I've had it. But I need to know what to do when I get the Bold... I don't use BBM nor my carrier.blackberry.net email, just to send a few personal emails. So, is changing PIN and ESN numbers necesary for adding my yahoo and hotmail accounts? Or my FB and WLM apps? Will I be able to just put in my SIM and Media Card and and start using internet and apps with my BIS service?? The Bold hasn't been activated with BIS and my carrier's CS said that there shouldn't be any problem with switching devices.
    I must add that I'm planning on getting the 9700 later on this year, too. And I plan on switching between these 2 devices at least 2 times a week. Am I going to have to use Device Switcher each time? Or can I just load my contacts and stuff once, and switch my sim card anytime I want? Hope someone can give a detailed reply of what to do and how... not a walkthrough but just something to give me and idea of the **** it'll be or how easy it would be. Thanks!
    01-31-10 07:42 PM
    I'd ask why would you have 3 different blackberries and use all the 3 in the same week, but each to it's level of addiction...

PIN/IMEI (since we're talking 8520/9000/9700s) are necessary fo Push Email. If you don't care about not getting email pushed when you change devices, you won't have to worry. If you do want to get email, I advise you to have a notepad file/google docs note or another fast way to access those numbers so you can make changes to BIS. That said, a Sim Card hooked to BIS will make any BB access the internet.

About apps and stuff, I wouldn't go as far as using device switcher... Make a backup (search the forums, you'll see a post about making backups of third party apps) and then load the backup to the new devices.

Good luck and enjoy your devices once you have them!
    01-31-10 11:00 PM
    I'd ask why would you have 3 different blackberries and use all the 3 in the same week, but each to it's level of addiction...

PIN/IMEI (since we're talking 8520/9000/9700s) are necessary fo Push Email. If you don't care about not getting email pushed when you change devices, you won't have to worry. If you do want to get email, I advise you to have a notepad file/google docs note or another fast way to access those numbers so you can make changes to BIS. That said, a Sim Card hooked to BIS will make any BB access the internet.

About apps and stuff, I wouldn't go as far as using device switcher... Make a backup (search the forums, you'll see a post about making backups of third party apps) and then load the backup to the new devices.

Good luck and enjoy your devices once you have them!
    Great thanks! I guess I'll create my BIS account on the web so I can easily change the settings for push email. And yeah, lol, 2 times a week for 3 devices is crazy, maybe just one week per model xD its just that I used to change phones so much but blackberry has been so awesome that I don't want to leave RIMs phone. Gemini: first blackberry and very special for me, Bold1: my friend doesn't take advantage of it so I will plus the great keypad, Bold2: as a "phone collector" might as well have the best of the best eh
    Might opt for a Flip just for the design, too! Thanks again!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-10 11:16 PM
    How cheap are Blackberries in Mexico??? I better replan next year's vacation...
    01-31-10 11:38 PM
    How cheap are Blackberries in Mexico??? I better replan next year's vacation...
    LoL its not that they're cheap, but I am able to by them without signing contracts, since I'm on prepaid. My 8520 cost me like 290 US dollars and my friend is selling his Bold to me at about the same price since he bought an iPhone 3GS on contract for 2 years at the same price. So I'm just paying off his iPhone. And the Flip is about the same price also, and its available at a store that gives you up to a year to pay, just raises the amount about 20 to 30%. The 9700 just came out so it'll probably cost like 600 or 700 dollars, which is why I'll have to wait before buying that one xD. That's why I love GSM, I used to change phones like 2 or 3 times in a year w/o losing my number. And now I can use and blackberry I want whenever I want! 3 cheers for GSM and BLACKBERRY!!

EDIT: and if you really come to Mexico beware the Blackberry replicas, lol, yesterday this guy was trying to sell be his 9700 saying it was better than the others because "its the only one with television". He even showed me its antenna! Though I'm sure every blackberry owner can tell the difference but I really wanted to tell this story
    Last edited by JRF_8520; 02-01-10 at 08:04 AM.
    02-01-10 07:59 AM
    The prices are almost identical here in Dubai!
    02-01-10 08:04 AM
    The prices are almost identical here in Dubai!
    Do you have to sign contracts? I hate contracts!! They don't sell you phones while on one, unless you pay like 2 times the retail price, you either have to buy an unlocked phone but they won't take its warranty, so I stayed with prepaid services, BIS is great and even better when its contract free!

02-01-10 08:08 AM
    We have two networks in the UAE, Etisalat and DU. With Etisalat you can have a prepaid sim card and purchase a blackberry, an unlocked one while with Du it has to be a post-paid sim card which will cost around $8 a month as a fee.

They also have contracts but then again the service is great. I got a Du sim card with 6-months free subscription to unlimited data usage and the BB Curve 8520 for almost $360. And to renew the unlimited data usage package I will have to pay $35 a month after the initial 6-month period.
    02-02-10 12:43 AM
    We have two networks in the UAE, Etisalat and DU. With Etisalat you can have a prepaid sim card and purchase a blackberry, an unlocked one while with Du it has to be a post-paid sim card which will cost around $8 a month as a fee.

They also have contracts but then again the service is great. I got a Du sim card with 6-months free subscription to unlimited data usage and the BB Curve 8520 for almost $360. And to renew the unlimited data usage package I will have to pay $35 a month after the initial 6-month period.
    Hey thats pretty great, you could save money like that. Here there are 2 GSM carriers and 2 CDMA carriers. I'm with Telcel and the other gsm is Movistar. No unlocked phones from either though, I have to buy from one or the other
    The good thing is that they both offer prepaid phones, and now, Telcel offers prepaid BIS
    Its still probably cheaper with a data plan but I've never had a contract since I was with Nextel and they were mean. Not sure about Telcel but a lot of people complain about their services while under contract. I'm pretty sure I'm better off without a contract right now. Maybe I could have a contract and buy prepaid phones and just sell the sim card or something xD

02-02-10 07:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD