A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?

.. And then I click yes.. it says "If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" so I click yes.. then it says "Repairing card please wait".. then it says "Media Card Repair Failed".

What do I do? I took out the card and the battery.. didn't help at all. HELP!!!
    anarqocayev likes this.
    07-08-10 11:57 PM
    You'll have to repair the media card using a computer.

Try this:
    - Open My Computer ('Computer' if you're using Vista/Seven) and then select the local disk you want to check.
    - On the File menu, click Properties.
    - On the Tools tab, under Error-checking, click Check Now.
    - Under Check disk options, select both Automatically fix file system errors and the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check boxes.

I don't know how to do it on a Mac. If you're using a Mac, I'm really sorry.

Good luck!
    johnm243 likes this.
    07-09-10 12:45 AM
    Exactly this happened to me today! When the BB fix failed, I took a look at CrackBerry when I got back and found this thread. There were a load of Filennn.chk files in the root so I knew there was a problem!

I copied everything that was on the media card to our server then did as mangcool suggested. Worked like a charm!

Thanks mangcool!

John
    mangcool likes this.
    08-06-11 04:35 PM
    Even better: as soon as I unplugged my BB from the computer, my home page background pic (our first grandson!) came back!
    mangcool likes this.
    08-06-11 04:42 PM
    hi my friend. i have the same problem and try all what i've read from you.
    but, when trying to check disk it says: the check disk could not be perrmormed because windows can't access the disk

and when just try access the media card via my computer it says:
    location is not available: the flie or directory is corrupted and un readable
    03-30-13 08:55 AM
    hi my friend. i have the same problem and try all what i've read from you.
    but, when trying to check disk it says: the check disk could not be perrmormed because windows can't access the disk

and when just try access the media card via my computer it says:
    location is not available: the flie or directory is corrupted and un readable
    unfortunately for u that card has gone past the point of return. u can try paragon partition manager to try to repair the card but it may not be successful as it may not be read

Sent from my CrackBerry 9780 using CB Forums App
    04-01-13 12:39 AM
    ]hello
    there is a strange problem with me whenever i connect my bb to laptop .my media card data loses automatically. please help me im waiting [/I][/B]
    04-04-13 10:44 PM
    ]hello
    there is a strange problem with me whenever i connect my bb to laptop .my media card data loses automatically. please help me im waiting [/I][/B]
    explain your problem better please.
    04-08-13 09:57 AM
    Dear Mangna Thank you so much! I was so fed up of the media card not showing it worked so well! Lots of love! xoxo
    07-16-13 07:32 AM
    hie

my blackberry always brings up this message

A media card has been inserted that contains errors. Do you wish to repair the Media Card now?

ive plugged it on my laptop and checked the errors and it worked the first couple of times. and if i try it now it does nothing, i keeps on bringing the same message...any help at all? thanks in advance
    07-21-13 04:44 AM

.. And then I click yes.. it says "If lost clusters are found during the repair, do you want to save them?" so I click yes.. then it says "Repairing card please wait".. then it says "Media Card Repair Failed".

11-27-13 03:28 PM

02-25-14 07:51 AM