I have been looking around this site for an answer to my battery draining problem, but found nothing.

I got my blackberry curve 8530 last week, and the batter life was perfect, lasting me a full day, then charging at night. However, today, my battery drained extremely quick! Within five hours, from 6AM - 11AM, my battery was completely dead.

I have no idea how this happened, I wasn't sending messages or even using the phone. My backlight has always been at 10%, and I always have my phone in standby mode.

Any help on my battery drain problem?

Thanks!
    02-15-11 02:35 PM
    Is the wi-fi on? That's what was draining mine. Once I turned it off my battery was better.
    02-15-11 02:52 PM
    Nope, that wasn't on nor bluetooth. My phone also got very hot during the day.
    02-15-11 02:56 PM
    Check to see if you have any apps running in th background. A quick battery pull might help kill them. If that doesn't help, have you added any new apps in the last week? Try deleting them. If you work/live somewhere with a weak signal your BB works harder searching for a signal. This will also drain your battery faster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-15-11 03:09 PM
    I always check my apps running, last night I also downloaded a Facebook Chat app, so maybe that made the battery drain quickly. I deleted it earlier and just re-charged my phone.

So now I will see if deleting that app helps me.
    02-15-11 03:14 PM
    I fixed my problem. All I did was switch my OS I was running, and now my phone's battery life seems to be a lot better, and I'm not losing 20% battery per hour.
    02-15-11 06:29 PM
    I fixed my problem. All I did was switch my OS I was running, and now my phone's battery life seems to be a lot better, and I'm not losing 20% battery per hour.
    What OS are you running on your phone? I have the same problem with my phone's battery and I've sent an e-mail to Verizon about this. I have only had this Blackberry Curve 8530 since Christmas Eve 2010 (less than two months). Shouldn't be having problems like this so soon.
    02-15-11 07:49 PM
    I found leaving Google Maps on in the background (or any GPS app) will really drain your battery quickly!!

02-16-11 06:07 AM
    Not sure if that was the problem, but I left my Bolt Browser running in the background (on meebo.com, if that makes a difference), and it drained down to 20% in about an hour and a half or so from about 95%.... I took it out of my pocket and it was burning up.. Still made it through the day though....
    02-16-11 06:58 AM
    the facebook application really drain the battery, including the facebook chat, google maps, bolt and bbm (group). i rather online the facebook using the standard browser.
    02-16-11 01:13 PM
    the facebook application really drain the battery, including the facebook chat, google maps, bolt and bbm (group). i rather online the facebook using the standard browser.
    Yeah, I found that the facebook chat app required a portable power station too.
    02-24-11 03:52 PM
    I'm having the same problem! (1st post by the way...)

I recently upgraded to the 8530 after my 8330's charging port basically cracked in two. So far I love the new OS and how snappy it is, but battery life seems to have decreased DRAMATICALLY. Is this a result of OS5 in general or a byproduct of having my backlight at 50 with Facebook running into the background?

02-24-11 07:15 PM
    I'm having the same problem! (1st post by the way...)

I recently upgraded to the 8530 after my 8330's charging port basically cracked in two. So far I love the new OS and how snappy it is, but battery life seems to have decreased DRAMATICALLY. Is this a result of OS5 in general or a byproduct of having my backlight at 50 with Facebook running into the background?

Facebook running.
    The camera and video camera will eat your battery very fast!
    02-25-11 08:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD