05-04-14 03:07 AM
121 ... 2345
tools
    Hi
    I downloaded the update from the link that said all languages.
    However, when i try to run the .exe file, it starts installing the desktop software.
    Im confused now, is this thread for the BB Handheld OS or the Desktop Software>???

Help would be appreciated...
    and one more query, can anyone list out the difference between multilanguage and all languages?

Thanks in Advance
    06-23-11 02:41 AM
    Noticed a few bugs with this version. Sometime the phone will take about 10 seconds before the cursor moves after removing the phone from my pocket. One time I had to pull battery in order to get my cursor back. Second, it freezes up during texting for about 5-10 seconds.
    Why can't they just create a bug free version! Old bugs are fixed but new ones are created. This isn't even an amazing phone, I don't see what's so hard about it. And why are so many people complaining about the icon not flashing when u are charging? Who cares!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 08:25 PM
    Noticed a few bugs with this version. Sometime the phone will take about 10 seconds before the cursor moves after removing the phone from my pocket. One time I had to pull battery in order to get my cursor back. Second, it freezes up during texting for about 5-10 seconds.
    Why can't they just create a bug free version! Old bugs are fixed but new ones are created. This isn't even an amazing phone, I don't see what's so hard about it. And why are so many people complaining about the icon not flashing when u are charging? Who cares!

Yep, the cursor is s%%t on this version!!!

I agree about the bug things, how hard can it be to just get an addict like us on it for a few days and then fix them there and then before realise..
    06-30-11 05:39 PM
    I upgraded dm from 5 to 6 and downladed the upgrade. For my 8520 but this new looking dm seems to be missing the apploader! How do I upgrade my curve??

07-01-11 01:21 AM

Because its ANNOYING to not see your battery actually showing its charging.
    07-01-11 01:58 PM
    Not much difference than .1036 version. Battery life seems to be same. One thing I observed is a clearer text on CB forums compare to .1036 version. Is it a OS update or CB update ??

Overall, a good upgrade.

07-03-11 09:12 AM
    A few bugs on this version too. Especially the cursor problem which everyone seems to be complaining about. Also the battery doesn't always show the charging icon.
    07-05-11 11:39 AM
    I thought this was the one for tmobile. Should it matter though?
    Last edited by Mar17; 07-09-11 at 12:25 PM.
    07-09-11 12:21 PM
    I thought this was the one for tmobile. Should it matter though?
    Doesn't matter. Just make sure you delete the 'vendor.xml' file

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    07-09-11 12:58 PM
    ihave a problem with my recent purchase of a tmobile phone bb curve 8520, i cant recieve pics or send out,i got it unlocked on line allready,i can recieve and make calls but the att data program/plan to recieve or send pics is out or dont work,thanks for any help suggestions
    07-16-11 09:51 AM
    When I had .681, my Yahoo! Account icon showed up as the default icon. With .1067, the Yahoo! Icon stays.

07-21-11 11:35 PM
    fixed a bug I had when turning bb off and ringtone not working when I turned it back on. I am happy.

08-03-11 12:02 PM
    This update sucks! Both my phone and girlfriends phone are freezing up during texting and moving around the home screen or address book / texting page. Can't blackberry ever just make an update without causing new problems??

Definitely getting an android when our contract is finished.

08-05-11 11:48 PM
    nid help, dont know how to use ader features of my new fon bb curve 8520, happy to have this fon but still no excitement, only txt & call i did to this fon.anyone pls help me how to use ader features....thanks...
    08-09-11 10:56 PM
    i delete the vendor.xml fine and my desktop software still not seeing it...... what do i do ?
    08-14-11 08:14 PM
    i delete the vendor.xml fine and my desktop software still not seeing it...... what do i do ?
    08-14-11 08:44 PM
    08-14-11 08:48 PM
    guysss...can anyone explain step-by-step process in upgrading the latest Os..??
    my blackberry phone is curve 8520..and with core application 4.6 . i wanted to upgrade my os to the latest update given in this tread. i followed the instruction carefully, deleted the vendor file and double clicked loader.exe. but after that the screen shows to remove appworld and when i click next, it says nothing to update..!!

Can anyone pls give a clarification for this..??
    thanks in advance..
    08-18-11 01:37 PM
    guysss...can anyone explain step-by-step process in upgrading the latest Os..??
    my blackberry phone is curve 8520..and with core application 4.6 . i wanted to upgrade my os to the latest update given in this tread. i followed the instruction carefully, deleted the vendor file and double clicked loader.exe. but after that the screen shows to remove appworld and when i click next, it says nothing to update..!!

Can anyone pls give a clarification for this..??
    thanks in advance..
    You have to download BBSAK on ur computer and wipe your phone (if you are not able to upgrade your phone) in order to get the latest OS.. I cannot explain you much about this.. But there will be threads related to the BBSAK software... Or maybe contact any of the blackberry adicts.. Maybe they can help you out...
    Last edited by vilash.shah; 08-22-11 at 01:27 PM.
    08-22-11 01:23 PM
    i had a Virgin Mobile phone way way back when in the 1990s and i am still happy with their extras. my 8530 has a 'wireless' update that does the OS upgrade over the air (on my unlimited plan it charges nothing) so no desktop computer needed. good thing as nothing runs on Linux

it is upgrading to .1067 as we speak. but given my sporadic 1xRTT coverage rate it may be awhile.

FYI: if you go into your wrench icon (settings?) in the main menu, go to 'advanced' and 'wireless update' it may be able to do this without screwing around with the desktop software
    08-28-11 06:53 PM
    is it going to be last upgrade for 8520 ??? no new ones any more ??
    08-31-11 11:21 AM
    is it going to be last upgrade for 8520 ??? no new ones any more ??
    - most probably .. focus has shifted to BB OS7 ..
    08-31-11 01:41 PM
    The software platform of this version is 5.2.0.96 whereas my older 1036 has platform version 5.2.0.104...how come my version is more updated ? and should i update to 1067 which will downgrade my software platform
    09-03-11 01:00 PM
    I don't understand what is so difficult of making a decent patch. Every single one has new problems. I don't care about 5% more battery life or a stupid flashing charging icon. Make a patch that doesn't freeze up your phone during texting!

09-04-11 12:28 PM
    Guys I seriously need help with my BBM... My profile pictures don't show when I update them but I cnt c my contacts pro pics bt th cnt c mine..help

09-10-11 04:47 AM
121 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD