just finished loading this update, will return with feedback *wink*
    04-17-11 08:25 AM
    Have put this os on my 8520. With o2 carrier. Working fine, boot time seems to be much improved. I deleted the vendor.xml file and installed it using the loader.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 08:28 AM
    Guys, just updated to this version. No troubles so far. I'll share with the impressions later.

This is how i did it, might help others:
    Downloaded the AllLang version, disconnected the internet, installed it to my pc. then i deleted the Vendor.xml file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader) and opened the Blackberry Desktop Software (the last 6.0.2 version), connected my BB device, it automatically found the update and asked me to update. You click update, make sure to check the "Back Up" option, continue and that's it. approx 30 mins of wait and it's done. Good luck! Cheers!
    04-23-11 04:52 AM
    hmmmmmm upgraded was looking for a taste of os 6 didnt really get that........ at least put a bit RIM there are a ton of curve users around the world
    04-25-11 01:07 AM
    Have any1 tried this version???? If yes, please let me know about the performance.
    05-06-11 04:37 AM
    Been using this OS for almost past two weeks,battery life seems to be a bit better,no connection problems,wi-fi working fine.Overall not a major upgrade from .1036 but neither it gives any trouble,so better to have an update.
    05-06-11 11:38 AM
    Hey,
    First post here - and I'm not a techie, so please be patient!
    I just downloaded the update on Saturday morning. Problems!

First - ever since the download, my phone is hot! Even when just sitting and not being used it is hot. This has never been the case (I've had it for about 6 months now).
    Secondly - since the download my battery went from lasting 2 or 3 days to maybe 4 hours. Also - even if I fully charge the phone and then turn it off for the night, it will be dead in the morning. I have a second battery and it is draining quickly as well.

I have loved my phone even though the video stopped working about 2 months ago. I never had battery issues as I hardly talk on the phone and only really use it to check emails on the go or text. I simply turned off the GPS, wi-fi and Bluetooth functions and my battery life jumped up nicely.

I just (right now) wiped my event log and set it to not create any more logs. I deleted any apps I had, got rid of my games - just about anything this thing did not come with out of the box. So obviously the question is: what is it about this latest update is causing my batt do die - even if the phone is off??

Is there anyway I can go back to the old version? again, I am not tech savvy, so please talk in crayon.

Thanks!
    rmendozat likes this.
    05-09-11 09:39 PM
    You can go back to the previous version using your desktop manager.
    05-09-11 11:34 PM
    And that's my other problem: my desktop manager won't work because it says the screen resolution on my computer isn't supported and needs to be higher. I have a small Toshiba NB305 with a 10in screen, and the res is already maxed out.

On a good note, whatever I did yesterday worked and my phone is back to normal: battery is good - hardly any drainage today! I made so many changes though that I can't be sure which in particular did the trick.

Now, if I can figure out why my media card went all wobbly I'll be happy.
    05-10-11 09:31 PM
    If you have multiple wifi profiles does it automatically connect when your near the connection? Because I remember the earlier releases did that. But now with this I have to manually go to my list and connect to it.

05-13-11 11:30 PM
    I went back to OS .1036 on my wife's phone.. after I installed OS .1067 the phone got hot and the battery drained quickly, after going back to .1036 everything is fine again.
    05-16-11 09:33 AM
    I just upgraded to 1067
    Everything is perfect, the different between 1036 is the good thing is boot time is improved , the battery and performance is improved
    The bad thing is while you charging the bolt is not blinking and when you receive a messeges from blackberry the icon on the color Id is gone
    EDITED: i decide to downgrade to .1036 beacuse .1067 had a lot of issue

Last edited by alditrip; 07-11-11 at 03:03 AM.
    05-20-11 05:11 AM
    Upgraded to this a few days ago from a much older build. No overt changes that I can tell, but battery life seems much improved.
    05-24-11 08:16 PM
    this work with wireless update?
    05-25-11 09:02 AM
    this work with wireless update?
    I think wireless update would only work if your carrier has the current build as an update in their system. If not, you'll have to do a manual update.
    05-25-11 06:40 PM
    this is only for att right?
    05-26-11 04:34 PM
    this is only for att right?
    You can install it on your phone (even if you're not on AT&T), just remember to delete the vendor.xml file in your PC so it will accept this release.

BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com
    05-26-11 07:59 PM
    Installed yesterday. Not major difference observed till now. Need to check battery life though.

06-03-11 11:03 AM
    Hi all, I installed the first file I downloaded, but when i do the LOADER.exe, the OS 5.0.0 is not in the list of applications bing installed.. All I see is Mini opera. Anyone know why?

Thanks.

PS. I have a T-Mobile USA BB Curve 8520 if that makes a diff. Is it compatible?

REFER TO THIS THREAD IF YOU CAN: BB OS 5 Wont Install, HELP! - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    Last edited by nothere2; 06-05-11 at 01:36 PM.
    06-04-11 10:34 PM
    i personally am using a hybrid OS but 5.0.0.1036 is the best version, battery life and all. And its almost bug-free, maybe some minor non-issues but you'll hardly notice
    06-10-11 04:08 PM
    I just upgraded to this version from .822. I was having problems with my phone freezing and the sounds not working when someone texts/ calls me. Everything seems to be working great now with this latest upgrade.

06-15-11 11:50 AM
    Upgraded from .1036. Not much of a difference observed though till now. I will keep posted.

Thanks.

06-15-11 02:37 PM
    Guys, just updated to this version. No troubles so far. I'll share with the impressions later.

This is how i did it, might help others:
    Downloaded the AllLang version, disconnected the internet, installed it to my pc. then i deleted the Vendor.xml file (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader) and opened the Blackberry Desktop Software (the last 6.0.2 version), connected my BB device, it automatically found the update and asked me to update. You click update, make sure to check the "Back Up" option, continue and that's it. approx 30 mins of wait and it's done. Good luck! Cheers!

Dude i tried wat u said but it ddnt work for me
    instead of finding the new update its tellin me about the old update to update for it , althou i have newer than the 1 they are tellin me about :/
    please any1 can tell me how to update
    06-21-11 12:18 PM
    i have the exact same problem as yamen.sati. I tried all the steps metioned in this thread. apploader, disconectting my internet, etc... and when i try to update the desktop says that there is no update for my phone and if i try to use the loader it says that it is not compatible with my phone. I have a 8520 curve. i deleted the vendor.xml all the times i tried to upgrade.

help me please.

thanks.
    06-22-11 01:13 AM
    @ yamen.sati, pcworld05
    restart your pcs

06-22-11 05:17 AM
121 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD