05-04-14 04:07 AM
121 1234 ...
tools
    I have the following apps installed on my phone:

o** Banking Appso** Opera Mini (personally, I highly recommend this browser)o** BOLTo** TUNE IN RADIOo** NAVITA TRANSLATORo** Crackberry website direct icono** Crackberry app storeo** Blackberry App storeo** Google Apps and Google Synco** Mobiola Xplayer Proo** Several News RSS readers (incluying Yahoo, MMA, inside telecom, several etcs, etcs, etcs)o** PayPalo** Beejiveo** Ambianceo** Berry Buzzo** Berry Pop Upo** Berry Weathero** Berry Anoyingo** FaceBooko** Tweetero** Whatsappo** 3 email accountsI can report the following so far:

-********* BB messenger contact has been restored; contact pictures has been restored in less than 5 minutes. I couldnt believe my eyes.-********* The messenger groups have not been restored, I dont know why some people always write this, because I have never seen the groups restored after upgrading, in any case I make this note for the interested ones.-********* Booting time still too slow, tested 3 intentional times = 5 minutes 56,9 seg.-********* Feels smoother.I will continue testing the OS during this week,* and report back on Friday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    chachoi likes this.
    03-28-11 10:56 AM
    Looking at 5.0.0.1036, it has a newer software platform of 5.2.0.104 rather than 5.2.0.96 as this firmware version shows... Curious.
    Yes, I noticed that too...
    03-28-11 11:30 AM
    I still can't update this software. Help guys. I've done everything I could think off. I followed every step in the crackberry 101 guide and still.
    03-28-11 03:28 PM
    I still can't update this software. Help guys. I've done everything I could think off. I followed every step in the crackberry 101 guide and still.
    I suppose you also tryed installing the OS upgrade on your pc and just loading it with the apploader, right?
    03-28-11 05:42 PM
    I suppose you also tryed installing the OS upgrade on your pc and just loading it with the apploader, right?
    Yeah man, First thing I did. Today I even deleted my Desktop manager and downloaded it again. I also deleted the old software's.
    Really have no idea what I still can do.
    03-28-11 07:33 PM
    Gave me an error when I tried the camera downgraded now works
    03-28-11 09:17 PM
    Am I the only one having trouble installing this ?
    03-28-11 09:21 PM
    should I install this OS even if I don't live in the US? or should I use the ones from my carrier?
    03-29-11 12:42 AM
    iynfynity in my opinion you can install that one

kevin have you tried registry cleaners?
    03-29-11 01:11 AM
    what should i do with this error 205? it's not letting me open the phone.
    03-29-11 02:22 AM
    I tried installing by downloading and using the desktop manager to install. Everything seemed to be working, until it went to the step where it wants to reboot the phone. It started the reboot and the phone is hung on the ATT screen.

Now the phone is bricked, hung on that screen! Anyone have any ideas how to restore it? I connect it to the computer and desktop manager just says it's trying to connect but never does.

I did a backup right before the attempted upgrade, so I'm fine with wiping the device, but I cant find anything on how to do it without getting into the phone.
    03-29-11 06:59 PM
    After almost losing hope, I just turned my internet off and restarted Desktop manager and it worked !!!!

It's currently installing, will keep you guys updated.
    03-29-11 09:26 PM
    Thinks I've noticed so far are :

1. Thunderbolt isn't flashing anymore while charging.
    2. I have a lot more free (device) memory. Before upgrade I had about 76mb and now I have 98mb.
    3. Browsing faster with or without the the Blackberry browser.
    Haven't notice the track pad being smoother though or that the battery having a longer life.
    chachoi and rmendozat like this.
    03-30-11 01:51 PM
    can anyone help me? When i open the loader in my computer, then when it's time to connect the blackberry it detects and then saying connection:USB pin unknown, when i hit next nothing is happening. It doesn't reach to the point where i will choose what applications to add to the phone.
    03-31-11 02:30 AM
    Ok, I've been running this upgraded OS for a few days now (and iynfynity, I live outside the US as well, and have had absolutely no issues installing and running it) and I haven't noticed any improvements.

I paid much attention to the battery life, cuz that's what really matters to me. What I noticed is, if anything, it's just as good/bad, however you considered it in the first place, but certainly not better.

I didn't see any improvements in trackpad's smoothness.

In my opinion, it's not worth upgrading (considering the installation issues some people have been having with it), but if you have some free time and wanna release a few mb on your curve's memory, try it.
    03-31-11 07:18 PM
    uncaught exception: index 4 >= 4 comes up after updating and installing my software

berrybuzz 2.2
    meterberry 2.5
    bbm
    facebook
    quickpull

only comes up every now and then after a reboot.
    04-01-11 12:16 AM
    Everyone who updated this and experience more free memory... Check it again, I think it's just a bug cause I have my original free memory back.
    04-01-11 09:07 PM
    Yea just installed it on a few curves and there is more free memory. Noticed the flashing thunder on the batt is gone. Seems snappier overall. I'll wait and see if there is any complaints from my friends. Lol.

04-02-11 12:39 AM
    is sure this sw from at&t is newest of voda?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/la...1036-a-567476/

if:
    App Version - Indicates the version of your applications (Address book, browser, calendar, etc.)
    and
    Platform - Indicates your version of system software (Java core software, radio code, etc.)

I would prefer use a new radio version instead app version.
    04-02-11 11:14 AM
    I've tested the new OS from Monday to Friday, and i can say the following:
    - No un expected reboots
    - No freezing
    - Free memory (the first day of the upgrade): 103.9 MB, (right now):97.2MB.
    - Battery, every day during the shower i turn on the BB radio TuneIN, thru Wifi, doing this ritual every day the battery @ 8:00 pm was almost dead. After the upgrade @ 8:00 pm the baterry is almost aprox 30% charged. Yesterday i tried not charging the phone during the night (as always), and @ 11.00am of today, the battery indicator was not even blinking, so i guess the battery life has been improved.

In general, i like this upgrade.
    04-02-11 02:16 PM
    can anyone help me? When i open the loader in my computer, then when it's time to connect the blackberry it detects and then saying connection:USB pin unknown, when i hit next nothing is happening. It doesn't reach to the point where i will choose what applications to add to the phone.
    Did u hit advance when u opened apploader? That's where u can check off what apps u want to keep. I lost my 3rd party apps last upgrade but found most at crackberry (my acct) at bottom of all apps pages and opened bb app world at my acct to just reinstall.

04-02-11 07:00 PM
    Any new info on this OS?
    04-03-11 12:43 PM
    i guess i"ll wait for another release then>>>> thats if there will be any....lol

thanx for the feedback guys
    04-04-11 09:10 AM
    Thanks for the post about the vendor file i couldnt figure it out how to delete it very helpfull info
    04-06-11 06:52 PM
    I stumbeled upon this from another user who tested this out 'Rizki'..

Review after 12 hours upgrade
    - Not support CJK
    - Smaller font using
    - Better trackpad moving ( more smooth )
    - Blackberry messenger profil pic all re store ( 120 contact )only 10 minutes after upgrade
    - bigger free memory 140MB
    - during battery charge , no blinking sign on battery ( different with 1056)
    - Blackberry messenger Group no re store automatically. need to re store manually
    Hmmmm, what is CJK? Also haven't upgraded yet due to a beta app been running so backing up now a problem (little scared I may lose my themes & apps) but now have issue with the hourglass A LOT which I womder would fix if I Upgrade. What is ur opinion?

04-10-11 10:52 PM
121 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD