I have a problem with the "s" button on my keypad, contrary to problems i have read about mine "Types" "s" all over while i am typing. it brings out unnecessary "s" all over my messages and i am not pressing the "s" button. if i do press it like 4 "s" comes out and it's frustrating me and i have to keep deleting the "S" in order for my messages to make sense.

Please help
    02-06-11 07:23 PM
    well, I have a suggestion. I'm not sure if it'll work though. If its something sticky that got on your keypad, try taking a Q-tip with a bit of 91% rubbing alcohol on it. Ring the Qtip out so its not soaked, and try cleaning around the S key. If that clears it up, then it was cosmetic. If not, then its obviously a hardware or software issue and then I would call your carrier. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    b-techless likes this.
    02-08-11 05:27 PM
    Surprisingly, I'm experiencing that very same problem, I took di phone to a "technician", I watched him clean the phone, as in; pull off the keyboad, the strip over the keyboard and all, and cleaned the phone. It worked well for two hours, but the problem is now backl, haunting me.

b-techless likes this.
    02-11-11 12:44 PM
    thanks guys,
    it is not a cosmetic problem because i take very good care of my phone. it went from being very sensitive and typing a lot of "s" to the "s" button not working. it is two extremes! the entire phone seems to be giving trouble, all of the buttons are acting up. i have no idea whats wrong i do remember upgrading the software to v5.0.0.1036 about a week and a half to two weeks ago; i dont know if that could be a part of the problem.

Also, my phone has been going into a sleep mode. when i am not using it, it goes to sleep as opposed to just locking the key pad. when i need to use my phone i have to hold down the power button for about 3 seconds. i have no idea it started doing that!

my phone is just frustrating me; i'm beginning to wonder if it's worth the trouble.

B
    02-11-11 03:25 PM
    Try downgrade to .681. If it doesn't work, take it back and get it exchanged.

02-13-11 02:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD