I've had my 8530 for less than a year. About 3 or 4 days ago I noticed that occassionally when I hit the "A" button and then release, it will either type numerous A's or go through the lower case to capital a few times. When it starts doing that the alt button when pressed automatically puts an astrik which is on the "a" button as well. Then my trackpad will work on the home screen but if I click the blackberry button and go to that menu screen or any application it won't scroll. And if i attempt to scroll and I've pressed a letter it goes through all the symbols that have that letter included. My husband has had this issue but he just pulls his battery and mashes the buttons a few times and it's fine. I've had to pull my battery at least 8 times a day for the last few days and mash the buttons. That did seem to be working for the time being but now it's not helping the problem. For the first couple days it would only do it in the evening time but now it's doing it throughout the day. At first I thought it was a virus or my buttons were sticky thanks to the beachy enviornment I live in (sand and salt air) but they don't feel sticky.

I got a replacement under warranty and all on the way but wasn't sure if anyone else was having the same issue.

I updated my OS and changed my theme approx a month or so ago and haven't had any issues until now so I didn't think that would be the problem either.

Thanks
    08-26-10 08:35 AM
    Similar Issue

As far as the Trackpad - I would grab an alcohol swab and clean that trackpad. Sometimes they get gunked up from makeup and oils and such and need a good cleaning.

If you take off the battery door and look to the left of the battery, there is a sticker there. Is that sticker white or pink?
    08-26-10 10:13 AM
    Thanks for the similar issue link. I searched but came up with nothing but then again I didn't know exactly how to search what I was looking for either. Anyway, the only thing that looks like a sticker is a small white square.
    08-26-10 12:42 PM
    That is a good sign - means no water damage.

I would recommend taking your phone to your carriers store and then look at it. I believe the issues is a hardware problem, not a software problem. We can't help you with hardware issues. :/

Best of luck! Let us know what they say if you take it to them.
    08-26-10 02:00 PM
    I had the same problem with the A key, I believe it is due to heavy usage on the older v4 for keypad unlock, my A key always appear automatically and it when i just touch the key it also appear several of it.
    08-26-10 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD