Ok so I've had my 8530 for about 4 or 5 days now sprint version. Coming for the g1 andriod I'm not to madd I like this phone alot. Now with that said I've been in my room most of the time with this phone and out of nowhere a circle with crosshairs symbol appeared with 3 radio waves going horizontally. I was told it was the gps I went to adv ops and turned it off the radio waves went away but the circle with cross hairs is still there. My question is how and why did it pop up outta nowhere and how the blast do I take it off the bloody screen?? Btw its in the upper mid right hand side of the screen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-10 12:17 AM
    Welcome to BB's and Crackberry

I believe that is a standard icon that is saying that emergency 911 GPS location is on. The icon plus three "radio waves" is straight GPS, and the icon w/o the "radio waves" is for emergency location incase you call 911. I do not believe that you can turn the emergency gps location off. Which I'm thankful for, because I was in an accident and was disoriented, I knew I was on a highway (just not where on the highway) and the 911 operator knew exactly where I was. But, yes - that is what that is.
    08-26-10 12:31 AM
    Ooo ok so I guess it just took a couple of days for it to activate I see I see. Well that's good to know. I jus dnt like ppl knowin where I'm at but that's fine for right quick. And thnx for the welcome my man. I think ill have u as the go to guy for my questions from nw on since u have some good knowledge.

08-26-10 12:49 AM
    Ooo ok so I guess it just took a couple of days for it to activate I see I see. Well that's good to know. I jus dnt like ppl knowin where I'm at but that's fine for right quick. And thnx for the welcome my man. I think ill have u as the go to guy for my questions from nw on since u have some good knowledge.

Sounds like a plan just shoot me a PM or post on here if you have a question. The crackberry family is pretty sweet! I think you will like your stay.

08-26-10 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD