hey everyone,

right my boss was gracious enough to give me a curve (sans battery and charger) out of the good ness of his heart, the only thing is it wont turn on, i got a battery and charger and all it shows when the battery is in is a picture of a battery with a red line through it . can i fix this myself ???? help please
    07-25-11 04:50 PM
    To me it sounds like the battery is totally drained try putting it on charge for a few hours then try it again

Styles
    07-29-11 09:47 AM
    A battery symbol with RED X through it means that the battery is critically low. When there's a RED LINE through it, it usually means that the battery is defective. Whether it had been water damaged, the pins do not connect correctly, etc.

My suggestion is go to a phone repair store, and have them check the battery. If the battery works on other BlackBerry, it's highly possible that the phone itself have a defect. But if it shows the same symbol you're currently seeing right now on the Curve, then you probably a defective battery. I would also try using different battery, borrow from a friend or something, or see if the phone repair store will have a spare BlackBerry 8500 battery that they can let you borrow and try.

Good luck!
    07-30-11 03:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD