34 12
tools
    BUMP. Help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-10 05:41 PM
    It randomly just started working again. :S

05-31-10 05:03 PM
    Ya that's my only gripe with .654. Got to try to hold vs press. What do you guys use your left convenience key for now? I had mine on lock keyboard. ..

Hated that I lost that feature but I have found solace from using my left button as application switcher. Gets plenty of use from me.
    05-31-10 05:12 PM
    You have to hold it, if you press it'll just open the Media folder.
    05-31-10 05:27 PM
    I don't use media on my 8530, only use it for business, and the dual function of the Play/Pause and Lock/Unlock is quite annoying, sometimes taking 4 button clicks to get to an email that I just received! I wish that RIM would allow us to disable the media functions of this key to allow for only Lock/Unlock and not the hybrid. Besides this, I am very happy with the Curve 8530 for business use.
    06-21-10 11:53 AM
    I just did the update this morning and noticed the top button doesn't go to stand by when held down. I checked to see if I could assign a key to go to stand by and couldn't see it in the keyboard options. I use the stand by feature when I put the phone in my case. I have a pocket case and if the keypad is locked, the phone still lights up if any buttons are pressed and with stand by nothing unlocks it unless you press the top button. My pocket case is not made for the curve so the magnet is not in the correct place to keep the phone from turning on if any buttons are pressed. The case was mislabeled and I'm stuck with it as there are no returns from the seller.
    If you hold A, it'll put it into standby mode. You have to hold the mute button to unlock it.
    06-21-10 05:13 PM
    This happens on my pearl even though I downgraded back to version 4 os.. But to me it is theme-dependant. The precision zen theme, when the mute button is pressed, opens the media folder, but any themes I download to use, the mute button opens just the homescreen.

05-26-11 12:26 PM
    I was able to open Media by pressing Mute, I upgraded my phone from 5.0.0.973 to 5.0.0.1030 and now all it does is Lock the device, it doesn't do anything if I press it.
    11-04-11 08:40 PM
    I think it depends on the theme you're using. Some might bring you to media folder and some bring you to homescreen.

What you can do to avoid it from going to the media folder or homescreen when you unlock it is to press any number so the screen lights up and then just press(no need to hold) the mute/play button.
    11-08-11 01:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD