11-08-11 01:36 PM
34 12
tools
    When I hit the mute button to unlock my phone, it also opens the 'Media' folder. How do you make it not do that? It's annoying!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-10 07:41 PM
    HOLD for lock/unlock.

PRESS for Media folder.
    05-14-10 08:08 PM
    Seems like the mute button no longer brings up Media in .654
    05-14-10 08:32 PM
    i updated to 654 today. my mute key still brings up the media folder.
    05-14-10 09:11 PM
    Weird, mine doesn't.
    05-14-10 09:11 PM
    i updated to 654 today. my mute key still brings up the media folder.
    Mine does, too. I tried deleting the 'Media' folder and the mute button just opens the main menu.
    05-14-10 09:51 PM
    Ya that's my only gripe with .654. Got to try to hold vs press. What do you guys use your left convenience key for now? I had mine on lock keyboard. ..

05-15-10 10:25 AM
    I just did the update this morning and noticed the top button doesn't go to stand by when held down. I checked to see if I could assign a key to go to stand by and couldn't see it in the keyboard options. I use the stand by feature when I put the phone in my case. I have a pocket case and if the keypad is locked, the phone still lights up if any buttons are pressed and with stand by nothing unlocks it unless you press the top button. My pocket case is not made for the curve so the magnet is not in the correct place to keep the phone from turning on if any buttons are pressed. The case was mislabeled and I'm stuck with it as there are no returns from the seller.
    05-15-10 10:50 AM
    Yeah, this is quite annoying.

If we wanted to have a shortcut to Media folders we would assign it to one of the convienence keys. I'm fine having the media key play-pause music though.

I want to be able to get out of standby/lock mode by just pressing the media key instead of hold without going into media folder...
    05-15-10 11:41 AM
    I wonder why some phones still have the stand by feature and some don't...

05-15-10 12:24 PM
    There's gotta be a reason mine doesn't go to the media folder...
    05-15-10 12:29 PM
    Papped, you don't even know how lucky you are, haha! But there's gotta be a way to make the mute button to stop opening the 'Media' folder.

05-15-10 12:43 PM
    Are you guys using device passwords? I'm not.
    05-15-10 12:43 PM
    Neither do I. I don't use passwords.

05-15-10 12:47 PM
    Ever since, I want to say .508 it's been like that where if you press it real quick it goes to media folder, holding it sends it into/out of standby.

@papped I don't use passwords
    05-15-10 01:54 PM
    I'm on Wind Hellas .509 and mine is more hit n' miss. I hold A to go into standby, press Mute/Media button and get homescreen and every now and then I get the media folder. Holding the Mute/Media button sends me to standby mode and sometimes it just opens the media folder.

05-15-10 03:11 PM
    Mine never goes to the media folder using the .654 leaked version. Do the other OS revisions have the extra Music, Pictures and Videos icons that are not in the Media folder and don't have the correct icons?
    05-15-10 04:01 PM
    HOLD for lock/unlock.

PRESS for Media folder.
    Funny how just reading this ^^ helped me.

Now that I understand how the key works, I do wish that there was an option to either customize or have it do nothing. I like that it's there, I just don't need the lock key to also open an app, just lock/unlock the headset.
    05-15-10 04:24 PM
    Mine never goes to the media folder using the .654 leaked version. Do the other OS revisions have the extra Music, Pictures and Videos icons that are not in the Media folder and don't have the correct icons?
    I have .509 and I only see those icons on certain themes. I get two Music icons: 1 is the regular music icon and the other is like a blue "app" window icon thing. I just hide those and use the real icons, but I do get to the media folder with the media key.

05-15-10 06:00 PM
    I notice that by holding down the Mute button, it takes you back to home screen. Seems as if you tap Mute button it will take you to media folder

Just my little 2 cents
    05-16-10 10:47 PM
    I notice that by holding down the Mute button, it takes you back to home screen. Seems as if you tap Mute button it will take you to media folder

Just my little 2 cents
    You are definitely right. I actually just figured this out about 2 days ago.

05-17-10 12:12 AM
    I've never had a problem with my mute key, and I've used all the leaked firmwares. I use A to put my phone into standby, and just press my mute key once to get it out of standby. I think I've only opened my media folder once (within quite a few months) by doing that.

05-17-10 04:24 AM
    I think why some people go to media folder is because they don't realize how sensative the button is and I find myself kinda accidentally double clickin kinda..

05-17-10 12:08 PM
    mine's not soft enough to be pressed twice on accident, i don't think that's it.
    I think its people not taking note of press vs hold. I still hate it because I also have other issues, like when I use Pandora it will pause my music, but when the music is paused it goes into standby, so when i press it again it unlocks and goes to media folder instead of unpausing or just bringing it back up with Pandora up front, the n I could just hit it a second time to play
    05-25-10 07:32 PM
    My mute/standby/media button has recently stopped opening the media folder. It used to open the media folder when I pressed it and put the device into standby when I hold it down. It goes into standby just fine but it just won't open the media folder. I didn't update my os. I didn't do anything. Its been like this for about a week. Any suggestions?

05-28-10 03:55 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD