Okay, so I bought a used 8530. I was told it had a scratch on the screen, but was not told there was a small tear underneath the middle button on the top (rubber part.) So I either want to sell it, and buy one with no screen scratches or the tears in the rubber or keep it and see if I can find a complete casing.

Originally I was going to buy a 8530 with the casing already on it, but just in case I needed to send the phone in for repair I would need to send it in looking like the original, and the seller doesn't sell it with the original housing.

So my questions are
    1. Can I buy a complete housing for everything including the top rubber part? If so how much?
    2. If I can't fix the rubber part I'll just get the front and back housing including the keys, sell this one, and buy another. Can you provide me with a link either from here or elsewhere with a list of places where I can get all the tools and housing I need for an affordable price.

I noticed ebay had some but I didnt see complete tool sets, and after looking at a video online looks like the video was for the 8520 dispite having the 8530 on it, also I am not sure of exactly which tools I would need. I also really didnt see a case I was that interested in. I am looking to make it entirely pink or purple including the keys. In the meantime I will continue looking on google

Thanks in advance.
    01-27-12 04:59 PM
    cheap less then 20 bucks on ebay very easy too do very easy
    01-27-12 06:29 PM
    I also have a 8530 with sprint and i had a big scratch on the screen, i just purchased a new lens for $5.99 and i changed it myself.

This is where i purchased it:
    Blackberry Curve2 8520 8530 Original Lens With Adhesive Tape

And i got a tool set here:
    3 pcs Opening Tool Kit for Most Blackberry And Iphones Housings

P.S. on the bottom of the page you will see a video on how to replace the lens.
    04-17-12 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD