Hi everyone,

I would hugely appreciate any advice on the following problem which is driving me nuts...I have exhausted all the solutions I can think of.

I have a Blackberry Curve 8520, which used to be my work phone (on a large company contract). When I left the company I was allowed to keep the handset as they were already in the process of switching everyone to iPhones. That was 10 months ago and the phone has lain dormant since then. I would now like to use it again (with a personal SIM Card) and I am having no success at all.

Every SIM I insert shows results in the following messages 'SIM Not Provisioned' or 'SIM Not Provisioned: 2' and I have no signal, 'SOS calls only'. This is what I have tried/confirmed:

- The phone is completely unlocked - I have checked Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > Sim Card.> MEPD and can confirm that all of the security locks are 'Disabled' (SIM, Network, Network Subset, Service Provider & Corporate)

- The handset (IMEI) is not blocked - I have performed a CheckMend search just in case the handset was reported lost by someone at my old company who didn't know that I was allowed to keep it - but this came back completely clean - no blocks

- I have tried 4 different SIM cards - ALL OF THESE ARE ACTIVATED and working with no issues in other handsets. I have also checked the SIM cards in my friend's 8520 and they work in that - so it is not a 2g/3g compatability issue.

- The phone was working perfectly with my old company SIM card 10 months ago - it was then switched off and put in the box - it hasn't sustained any damage.

- I have tried resetting, taking out battery for 10 minutes at a time and restoring the phone to factory settings

- My network cannot offer any assistance - the SIM cards I am trying are all activated and as far as they are concerned should be working.

I don't think this is a technical issue with the SIM - having tried so many different SIM cards and also verified that they are working in another Blackberry.Talking with my network is not much help as there is nothing more they can do - also I was hoping to give this phone to an elderly relative who lives abroad, so it won't actually be used on my network anyway, if we eventually get it working! I just want to see that it is working with different SIM cards before I pay to post it abroad.

If anybody has any suggestions/advice it would be hugely appreciated.
    Thanks in advance,

Grace
    02-23-14 08:04 AM
    It probably has an IT policy on it. Try this....

http://forums.crackberry.com/tips-ho...lackberry-569/
    02-27-14 02:47 PM
    Did it have an it policy on it 10 months ago before being shelved? Now you say you tried 4 different sims, I doubt you placed all 4 in incorrectly so I wont waste time asking that. Id say take it to a carrier store and see if they can get a working sim recognized

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of no concern to you.
    02-27-14 02:59 PM
    Can i have a code please
    03-13-14 04:46 AM