I'm using BB 8520 for a second cellphone. But I cannot find feature apps for this phone, such as Facebook, reading news app, weather app, ... Please help me some apps with Jad file format.
    02-22-19 03:30 AM
    The official Facebook app was discontinued three years ago, so your best shot is the web version; on a browser from ten years ago, don't expect much.
    02-22-19 09:05 AM
    Not sure if they are still updating it... but try this page The Bold Explorer - Bold 99xx Working and Dead Apps List
    02-22-19 10:22 AM
    Not sure if they are still updating it... but try this page The Bold Explorer - Bold 99xx Working and Dead Apps List
    I haven't updated it in a while. I'm in the process of getting the site ready to move to my own server in an html-only format, so that I can keep it available to the older handhelds.

The focus is on OS7, but I've been told that most of the apps should work on OS6 as well. I'm not sure which OS the 8520 supports.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    02-22-19 11:03 AM
    I haven't updated it in a while. I'm in the process of getting the site ready to move to my own server in an html-only format, so that I can keep it available to the older handhelds.

The focus is on OS7, but I've been told that most of the apps should work on OS6 as well. I'm not sure which OS the 8520 supports.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    OS5, so it's even more of a stretch.
    02-22-19 11:11 AM
    OS5, so it's even more of a stretch.
    Yeah lot's of BBOS6 and BBOS7 stuff worked... BBOS5 doesn't pair well with apps that were made for BBOS7.

OP.... can use Shuewap's list as a guideline. Try them and see if they work. If not, use the app names to search for old archives (if any exist anymore) that might have BBOS5 Apps. Or see if they are in BlackBerry World... still probable the best solution for free apps.
    02-22-19 11:30 AM
    Yeah lot's of BBOS6 and BBOS7 stuff worked... BBOS5 doesn't pair well with apps that were made for BBOS7.

OP.... can use Shuewap's list as a guideline. Try them and see if they work. If not, use the app names to search for old archives (if any exist anymore) that might have BBOS5 Apps. Or see if they are in BlackBerry World... still probable the best solution for free apps.
    OP, if you find apps that did exist but the pages for them are gone, try searching the Internet Archive's wayback machine: https://web.archive.org/

I've had some luck finding apps buried in the archive from time to time.
    02-22-19 04:21 PM