hello i got battery life problem in 8520 i just charge it fully at 6 am morning its full then like a 2 pm its like 25 % finishes too fast idk whats the problem then i chenged battery same problem then i bought yhe double battery (the big battery ) still finishing too fast how to fix this please help
    edit : i dont have applications running in background and wlan bluetooth is off + i dont use music player
    and slightly use bbm i dont use it alot
    Last edited by ameenameen; 01-30-11 at 09:56 AM.
    01-30-11 09:53 AM
    Well, first off, how much do you use your device? A lot, moderate, very little? Then the next question would be do you have any apps running that you are unaware of-to check this, open your application switcher-the only ones that will ALWAYS be there are bbm, phone, browser, home & messages. If there's anything else click on it and "close" it out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-11 09:58 AM
    i use it very littile and no apps only bbm and windows live messenger sometimes and i dont use browser
    01-30-11 09:59 AM
    ok, you did your edit while I was responding. So that answers all of my questions to you. Lol.

How long have you had your device?

01-30-11 10:00 AM
    i use it very littile and no apps only bbm and windows live messenger sometimes and i dont use browser
    do you close the Win Live Msgn when your done? Leaving this open may cause a battery drain. I've never used it so I'm not sure.

01-30-11 10:02 AM
    yes i do close it and is there something to enter system configuration to edit batter stuff? like nokia
    01-30-11 10:03 AM
    yes i do close it and is there something to enter system configuration to edit batter stuff? like nokia
    this I don't know.

Have you updated your PRL to see if that helps? Your device may be searching for a signal especially if you are in a tough area, updating your PRL may help this. I don't know your carrier beause I'm on wap so I can't see your carrier details to advise you what to dial to do this. You could even call your carrier to ask how to do this from your device.

01-30-11 10:23 AM
    i use etisalaT at uae
    01-30-11 10:34 AM
    i use etisalaT at uae
    ok I'm sorry I'm not familiar with this carrier. I would suggest for you to call your carrier then to find out about updating your PRL.
    Also, do you have your GPS turned off as well?
    Sorry I could not be of further help to you.

01-30-11 10:44 AM
    no igot no gps on could this be some chip problem
    01-30-11 10:47 AM
    no igot no gps on could this be some chip problem
    ok, well sorry I couldn't be of further help to you, I hope you work this out. Good luck.

01-30-11 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD