I have a blackberry curve 8530 and recently the "A" button started to act up. It was almost as if it was stuck down. When I would push it, the "a" would become a capital "A" (as if you were holding it down) or I would get a bunch of "a"'s at once. It wasn't too bad but progressed over time. It seems to be very sensitive and I could almost just tap the button lightly and an "a" will come up. Recently whenever I push the "s" button, I get both "a" and "s". My dad mentioned water damage because I have brought my phone into the bathroom when I shower. However, I checked the water damage indicators and their all white. My fear is that there is water damage and that is not covered under warranty. However I'm confused because the indicators are still white. I do plan on going to Bell Mobility today to see what they have to say. But has anyone ever ran into this problem?
    08-21-10 10:12 AM
    It's probably not a water damage... There's just probably some kind of small object that is stuck under/beside the key(s). And yeah, taking it to your carrier's store would be the best option so they can see what's wrong with the phone.
    08-21-10 01:18 PM
    Just a heads up, and words from someone who wasn't so smart - taking your phone in to the bathroom when you shower isn't the greatest idea in the world. Yes, water damage will void the warranty, but not insurance. Make sure you have insurance on the phone I've got the dreaded pink sticker from having it in the bathroom as I shower.....oh well. Just saying. However, as Mangcool said - this doesn't sound like water damage to me. Sometimes the clicker on the button wears out, or something sticky is in there.

Also wanted to send a welcome your way! So, welcome
    08-21-10 11:32 PM
    Craziest thing happened...it fixed itself! I don't know what happened, but I turned my phone off and turned it back on (even though I had done this several times before) and it worked. It still does it sometimes but it is not as half as bad as it was before! I talked to a woman from Bell on the phone and she told me that if it happened again to bring it in. But thanks for your help! I know for sure now that it's definitely one of the things you both mentioned, it must be. And I've learned my lesson haha no more bringing the phone in the washroom! Thanks guys, much appreciated!
    08-25-10 10:12 AM
    You are more than welcome! Thanks for giving us a follow up report.
    08-25-10 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD