I'm not sure if this is relevant to this thread or not, so apologies in advance....I've just purchased a 8520 to keep me going until I can upgrade (I did have a 9700 and broke it)

My question involves BBM is there anyway of getting my old BBM contacts? when I tried to install BBM to the 8520 it asked if I wanted to upgrade suggesting that I already have it? Although I couldn't find it anywhere......then when I went ahead with the 'upgrade' it said I'm using a new device and do I wish to switch my device to a new pin?

So is it possible to have my old pin? Thus retaining my old contacts? Sorry if this a dumb question, but I thought I'd ask

Thank you
    06-26-11 06:26 PM
    You can not get your old pin on your new BB. Each BB has its own unique pin. However, If you backed up your old phone with DM you can use it to reinstall the old contacts to your new phone.
    06-26-11 08:44 PM
    DM!?? Oh I wish I'd heard of this before never mind, I thought this would be the case, cheers for your help
    06-27-11 04:24 AM
    I don't think you have to use Desktop Manager or DM to retrieve your BBM contacts from your broken Bold. What you can do is back up your BBM contacts on your Bold (if it's still accessible) and save the back up file on an SD card. Then, insert that SD card into your Curve, and restore the contacts through BBM. That's it.

If your Bold is completely broken, like you can't turn it on and stuff, I don't think you can retrieve those BBM contacts.

I hope I was able to help!
    06-27-11 02:58 PM
    Do what the guy above this post says.

Also, for in the future, DONT start threads like these with such titles, be more specific.
    06-27-11 04:59 PM
    Dear simonrhys:
    If all else fails and you need to print out your old contacts off the IPD backup file, go to https://sites.google.com/site/ipdparse.
    rapanui21
    Mike
    06-29-11 09:46 PM
    Thanks guys
    06-30-11 08:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD