Hello Crackberry Blackberry Curve 85xx users.

Now I know I look very new, though I would appreciate if you guys could just read through, or at least skim through this and answer some of my basic questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Now I am looking into the curve 8520. Now I know this does not have 3g, and I was wondering for those people that do and don't, does it really batter about having 3g? I will not be using data outside of my house, so the 3g will not really affect my internet use. I am just basically talking about my texting, and calling. I live in the city, though I would still like opinions on if the 3g really matters for texting and calling.

Also, in general is it fairly fast connection and processor to just shoot off texts?

Thank you for reading and once again it would be greatly appreciated if my questions could be answered!

Mitch.
    ImCurvingForYou.
    03-18-11 09:49 PM
    Welcome to the forums.

Hello Crackberry Blackberry Curve 85xx users.

Now I know I look very new, though I would appreciate if you guys could just read through, or at least skim through this and answer some of my basic questions, it would be greatly appreciated.

We're here to help. Most of us at least.

Now I am looking into the curve 8520. Now I know this does not have 3g, and I was wondering for those people that do and don't, does it really matter about having 3g?

3G is a fast broadband connection for mobile devices, specially interesting if you're constantly downloading large chunks of data (such as music and streaming video).

I will not be using data outside of my house, so the 3g will not really affect my internet use.

Meaning you'll be turning Data Off everytime you leave? Or that you're not considering a data plan, and BIS for that matter?

I am just basically talking about my texting, and calling. I live in the city, though I would still like opinions on if the 3g really matters for texting and calling.

It has ZERO effect for those features.

Also, in general is it fairly fast connection and processor to just shoot off texts?

Fast enough, if the device isn't bogged down by unnecessary stuff.

Thank you for reading and once again it would be greatly appreciated if my questions could be answered!

Had seen way larger posts than this one...

Mitch.
    ImCurvingForYou.
    Post back if you have more questions and please, do not use this "ImCurvingForYou" again...

EDIT: Just noticed it is you screen name. Oh well...
    ImCurvingForYou likes this.
    03-18-11 10:04 PM
    Aha. I am just going to say now I did find the ending very funny. I had another account before on these forums, and it had a corny name as well for another blackberry model, thought I would make another. I can see the name could have a little bit of a negative factor.

First off I appreciate the effort you put into that posts. It's those posts that really make new members like me happy. Once again, thank you.

Just a few more questions and answers to your questions.

Well, I will not be turning it off. Though the plan I'm getting does not have data, it is a special plan with Rogers Canada and probably United States. It's where you get BBM and text and calling. So I will NOT be using data OUTSIDE of my house or any wifi-area.

So 3g does not affect texting and calling connection?

What is considered unnecessary stuff? Like if I leave up things that are streaming?

Also, I know I could easily find this on the net on the Rogers devices site, though I feel they are biased. Therefore I would like a opinion from someone who has used the device, how is the battery life? For the occasional pick up the phone, text, put down, make a phone call like once a day, you know. Normal use.

Thank you,
    Mitch.
    Curving.
    Last edited by ImCurvingForYou; 03-19-11 at 03:06 AM.
    03-19-11 02:59 AM
    Aha. I am just going to say now I did find the ending very funny. I had another account before on these forums, and it had a corny name as well for another blackberry model, thought I would make another. I can see the name could have a little bit of a negative factor.

Good. It was supposed to be. But indeed, "curving for you"?! Bad omen!!

First off I appreciate the effort you put into that posts. It's those posts that really make new members like me happy. Once again, thank you.

Just a few more questions and answers to your questions.

It's new members like you that keep us in buseness. Just give back to the community whenever you can.

Well, I will not be turning it off. Though the plan I'm getting does not have data, it is a special plan with Rogers Canada and probably United States. It's where you get BBM and text and calling. So I will NOT be using data OUTSIDE of my house or any wifi-area.

If you get BBM, then you get data, if you get data, you can perfectly use it outside you house. It is most likely @carrier.blackberry.net email and BBM.

So 3g does not affect texting and calling connection?

Not a bit.

What is considered unnecessary stuff? Like if I leave up things that are streaming?

Unnecessary stuff? How absolutely the same thing, but you can't decide which to keep and all those languages you don't speak but keep in the device regardless. Not to mention all those silly apps that stay in the background doing nothing but bogging down the processor and eating up memory.

I ment it just like in a computer, which is what these things are. Small computers.

Also, I know I could easily find this on the net on the Rogers devices site, though I feel they are biased. Therefore I would like a opinion from someone who has used the device, how is the battery life? For the occasional pick up the phone, text, put down, make a phone call like once a day, you know. Normal use.

Dunno about Rogers, but I know about battery life. I won't type it thou, you can find it all here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/battery-saving-461663

Thank you,
    Mitch.
    Curving.
    We're here to help.
    03-19-11 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD