hi everyone,

New bb user here, and loving it. I do have a question about gmail on the blackberry which I don't seem to find an answer in this forum. I set up gmail as my primary email for blackberry but it seems like I receive only the new emails after I set it up. My question is how do I see my old emails in my account. For example I used to have the iphone and after setting up IMAP when I click a label on the iphone it would automatically pull the 20 or so stored emails with that label from gmail server, but is there a way I can do that on the blackberry? I can do a remote search but that means I have to remember what I am searching instead of just browsing the older emails. Thanks in advance.
    01-18-10 03:26 PM
    I'm pretty sure you won't be able to get the emails from before you setup your BB. if there are important ones you want on your device i'd suggest just forwarding them to yourself.
    01-18-10 04:14 PM
    wkprice is rite, if your using a bis you the device will not generate or retrieve old emails. you would need to forward the emails that you would like on device, sorry.
    01-18-10 04:17 PM
    Gmail says that Blackberry does not support IMAP at this time with gmail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-10 05:30 AM
    Do you have Gmail setup using IMAP? Using IMAP is the only way to see the same inbox on your PC and Blackberry. IMAP on Blackberry is not officially supported byGMail but it works just fine.
    01-19-10 06:40 AM
    I have imap setup on my gmail how do you setup the BB for imap?

01-19-10 06:52 AM
    On your Blackberry, go to the email options. Under Email Reconciliation, turn on Wireless Reconcile. Also you can set the option to Delete On: Mailbox and Handheld, or you can set it to prompt you on every delete. You also want to go to "Setup" and start the Setup Wizard, go to Email Setup, choose your Gmail account, then go to Synchronization options and check to Sync Deleted items.
    After you do this any email you delete on either your PC or your Blackberry will also be deleted off of the other one. The only thing I found that doesn't sync correctly is that when you read a message on your Blackberry, then the message is marked read on your Gmail inbox also, but if you read a message on your PC Gmail then it will not mark as read on your Blackberry.
    01-19-10 08:07 AM
    I am also a new BB user, 8530 have a question about Gmail. Does anyone how to work sync with Gmail labels on the BB? if not possible to get the older messages (before setup BB) how would you go about seeing your labels and moving messages into them?
    01-20-10 09:48 AM
    If you use the enhanced gmail plugin you can hit the BB button and apply a label and even archive it.

01-20-10 09:51 AM
    Yep, have to install the enhanced gmail plugin to use labels. Also to use the plugin, you have to access your gmail inbox through the new gmail icon, not the general Messages inbox.
    01-20-10 01:36 PM
    Problems I am running into are...

1. When in gmail on PC, I move a message out of my inbox & into a labeled folder, but on my BB the message is still in the inbox and not labeled.

2. When on my BB, I have to first label the message for the folder I want, then I have to archive it in order to get it out of my inbox. So for every message I read on my BB I have to take 2 actions.

Just wondering if I'm overlooking something or if this works the same for everyone else.
    02-02-10 12:08 PM
    The sync is not too way. Changes made on your Blackberry will show online, but online changes will not sync to your BB. It's just a limitation we have to live with for now.

As far as I know the 2 steps you describe are the only way to label and archive.

02-02-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD