I have had BB's before but always on BIS. I now have a 8530 for work that is BES. Is there a way for me to force a send/receive via the BB? I have looked everywhere I could think of on the phone and also searched Google.
    Thanks in advance,
    Deano
    04-16-10 09:15 AM
    In Messages, Menu / Reconcile Now may accomplish the same thing. My BES pushes out mail so quickly that I've never needed to try to force it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 09:18 AM
    In Messages, Menu / Reconcile Now may accomplish the same thing. My BES pushes out mail so quickly that I've never needed to try to force it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything.
    My emails are gerting to me quickly also. When I am on my desktop though and delete emails, it doesn't update very fast on my BB.
    Last edited by Floridadomer; 04-16-10 at 10:37 AM.
    04-16-10 09:23 AM
    I tried that but it didn't seem to do anything.
    My emails are gerting to me quickly also. When I am on my desktop though and delete emails, it doesn't update very fast on my BB.
    Yeah, I see that too. That's a lot slower update than new mail being delivered. I don't think there's anything a user can do to affect that. Your BES admin might be able to, but it's probably a trade-off between responsiveness on pushing mail and updating deleted messages.
    04-16-10 11:12 AM
    I also have a Palm Pre and every mailbox has a Refresh button that will refresh everything. I was hoping that there was something like that.
    04-16-10 12:24 PM
    The Reconcile Now is your only option. We have our's set to for a reconcile at the very least once an hour. It typically happens on its own within minutes of changes being made to the inbox or BB. The actual reconcile task is a lower level than message delivery so it will put that off as long as the BES has a higher priority task in its queue
    04-16-10 01:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD