Hi, my emails appear both in my general "messages" folder AND in my specific email address folder. I don't want them in the former TOO as this duplication just clutters the handset with worthless information that I have to delete. Can anyone help?
    02-05-11 10:07 AM
    They aren't "duplicated". It's the same message that is showing in both places.

The "Messages" folder is the catch all for all messages. What OS version is on the device? With later OS versions, you can control which email addresses go into the Messages folder. Or you can just hide the Message folder.
    02-05-11 10:24 AM
    I don't know what OS is on my device. I just bought it a couple of days' ago, so I assume it's a later one. Thanks.
    02-05-11 10:30 AM
    Look for the WRENCH icon which is Options. Go to About and read the third line.

If you have OS version 5.0 or later, you should be able to control the Inbox.

Messages > menu button > Options > Inbox Settings
    02-05-11 11:45 AM
    v4.6... (Platform 4.2...) I don't know what that means!
    02-05-11 12:12 PM
    I just went into messages > menu button > options > general settings... and selected SMS and emal to be "separate" instead of "themed" - I hope that helps! Thanks for your help.
    02-05-11 12:16 PM
    That function will only keep SMS (text) and MMS out of the Message folder.

You have OS version 4.6. You need to upgrade to 5.0 if you want that functionality.
    02-05-11 12:56 PM
    How do I upgrade to 5.0? I have downloaded it to my desktop and then transfered it to my Blackberry... but then what happens?
    02-05-11 03:57 PM
    When you say transferred to your blackberry, you mean you installed it already? Double check your phone and see if it says v5.xx

If you still need a step-by-step, I just upgraded my 8520's OS and genomos directed me to a very helpful thread on how-tos. Depending on which curve you have, download the proper latest OS5.

How to Backup/Restore All Data, Apps & Upgrade OS - ALL DEVICES With PICS!!

Hope that helps you out.
    02-05-11 04:56 PM
    It looks complicated and scary. I have transferred it to my blackberry but I don't know precisely which folder in my Blackberry I transferred it to. It hasn't done anything as I'm still on 4.6.
    02-05-11 05:15 PM
    No, no, no.

You don't "transfer it to your BlackBerry". You need to install the file that you downloaded on your COMPUTER.

Read the steps in the thread posted above. Or read this. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, then don't. Wait until you become more familiar with your BlackBerry.
    02-05-11 08:53 PM
    I agree with Motorcycle Mama. Don't do anything your uncomfortable with. You could end up creating bigger problems for yourself. Make your life easy. Highlight your email icon and press the blackberry button. Select "Move to Folder". Move it to your set up or application folder. Now its out of view and you'll still be able to retrieve your email from your messages folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 09:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD