Okay, I recently got a replacement blackberry and used the device switch wizard to switch from my old Blackberry 8520 to my new Blackberry 8520. At first, I had a few problems with the Twitter and Facebook apps, but thanks to rcnathan, that's under control.

But now there's a new problem: email. Neither of my email addresses work (@*.blackberry.net or my personal email) and anytime I try to send something, a red X immediately appears next to it.

Anyone know what the problem is?!
    08-26-10 10:22 AM
    Wassup mate

Have you tried resetting them up? If you do a device swap the Blackberry Servers need to "know" that you have a new device. Each blackberry is equipped with a PIN number. That PIN number is tied to a lot of things, the biggest thing is your email address. So, most likely the servers think that your email accounts are on your old device and won't send you the emails to your new device.

Try setting them up again. If that doesn't work - let me know. We'll try another thing.
    08-26-10 10:27 AM
    rcnathan: Well damn. That was easy. Haha. I feel like such a n00b. This is the first time I've ever swapped from one blackberry to another, so I'm still learning. lol. Thanks again! :]
    08-26-10 10:30 AM
    I take it, that it worked?!
    08-26-10 10:33 AM
    Yes sir :]
    08-26-10 10:35 AM
    Heck yeah!

Blackberry 101 Lecture Series

I would give that a read through, if you have time. There is a wealth of information packed in there. It covers easy stuff through advanced stuff.
    08-26-10 10:39 AM
    Oh wow. Thanks I should keep you on speed dial. Hahaha.
    08-26-10 10:42 AM
    HAHA People at work have done that for me, with phone questions. lol
    08-26-10 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD