The small business I manage uses a single Hotmail address for everything. I know it's terrible and I'm working on getting them to switch over to something more professional, but for now I'm stuck with it.

I mainly deal with all the emails, but both of my bosses routinely check email on their phones while they are out just to stay informed. Their phones used to only mark emails read on their phone and not on the server. This allows them to stay informed while I actually respond to the emails from the office.

Something has changed and now anytime they read an email on their phone it is also marked read on the server. This has caused me to miss quite a few emails. I've never used a blackberry, but I looked through the options on their phones and I couldn't find anything relevant.

One of them has a 8530 and I'll have to get back to you on the other one.
    07-28-11 09:18 AM
    For different reasons my e-mail account sometimes needs messages left unread on the server. The only (inelegant) solution for me is to mark the message unread on the phone and then delete from the handheld. If there is a different solution there may be more than one of us in need.
    07-28-11 12:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD