Coming from a current user of the Blackberry Curve, I am jumping ship and heading over to Android. As days go by and new phones are released, it amazes me how far behind Blackberry is in the race between themselves, Apple, and Android. I've been a Blackberry Storm user and am currently a Curve user, and I believe it's time to part ways. It seems that Blackberry is so far behind they will never catch up and unfortunately for them, be nonexistent. I don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I just wanted to. Almost as a customer complaint, I guess. I hope that Blackberry will find their way eventually, but from the way things look, I highly doubt it will happen.
    Last edited by eroberts2009; 02-01-11 at 03:17 PM.
    02-01-11 03:14 PM
    Your leaving is our gain. This is another BS post that no one cares about. Ill say it again. NO ONE CARES!!! BB does what it does and it does it well. You are NOT the market they are designed for. They are not far behind. They just play a different game. Im sure they will hopefully find their way one day. lol. Ever heard of QNX, playbook, all the new devices coming out? But if you want a HUGE battery drainer touchscreen device that you can play "awesome" games on and charge every 3 hours be our guest. You wont be missed.

P.S. we arent RIM so if this is a "customer complaint" look elsewhere.
    Last edited by BayouBengal21; 02-01-11 at 03:33 PM.
    02-01-11 03:31 PM
    Your leaving is our gain. This is another BS post that no one cares about. Ill say it again. NO ONE CARES!!! BB does what it does and it does it well. You are NOT the market they are designed for. They are not far behind. They just play a different game. Im sure they will hopefully find their way one day. lol. Ever heard of QNX, playbook, all the new devices coming out? But if you want a HUGE battery drainer touchscreen device that you can play "awesome" games on and charge every 3 hours be our guest. You wont be missed.

P.S. we arent RIM so if this is a "customer complaint" look elsewhere.
    I don't care if you care or not, I posted this for the heck of it. Blackberry is a great phone for messaging, that is all. Android can message just as well along with the other perks such as all the apps. As far as your battery-life statement, you might want to reconsider that one. The Curve has awful battery life. I'm not trying to prove a point to anybody, I was just typing this because I felt like putting my opinion out there. I'm sorry I pissed in your Cheerios because you are a nerdy Blackberry fanboy. Remember that I am talking about a phone, not a real person lol.

P.S. QNX and Playbook has nothing to do with my post.
    Last edited by eroberts2009; 02-01-11 at 03:47 PM.
    02-01-11 03:42 PM
    Well, regardless of anyone's opinion, you should get the phone that you feel fits you the best. If it is a droid, so be it, and good luck. From other things I've perused, it looks like BB is coming out with some new creative stuff. Take it easy!
    02-01-11 03:50 PM
    02-01-11 04:00 PM
    Had a 8520 for 14 months. Got a 9780. Will probably get a Dakota next.

Don't like BlackBerry? Wanna go Android? Do it. No need to tell us. If you don't have a huge number of RIMM shares, why bother if they are staggering?

My point is: You really should get the device that suits your needs.

Which they aren't btw... Dakota, Playbook, Curve 'Apolo' and 'Touch'...
    02-01-11 05:37 PM
    Why do people feel the need to tell us they're going to Apple or Android? Goodbye and good luck.
    02-01-11 11:33 PM
    Why do people feel the need to tell us they're going to Apple or Android? Goodbye and good luck.
    +1 I think some people actually believe that random people they've never met before actually care what they think. Which really scares me... Imagine meeting these people in real life...
    02-01-11 11:40 PM
    Good luck when that Android virus hits you and wipes your phone AND your SD card... Joking? I've seen the proof. Not a whole lot of virus issues on the Blackberry...
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-02-11 07:14 AM
    Hey, I've been there and done that from apple to android and everything in between. Fit is where it's at. For me, it's about the no muss no fuss high speed no drag messaging and email push. When the chips are down and it's about getting the job done; bb get's it done everytime. Even when I have to take care of things on the move, bb get's it done.

Yes I love angry birds, and all the little je jaws and do dads that the other OS/UI's offer. I just cant comprimise the speed and reliability a bb. I don't have that luxury. Now my son is 13 and he thinks that his evo is it; and for him and many others it is.
    BayouBengal21 likes this.
    02-02-11 01:02 PM
    Hey, I've been there and done that from apple to android and everything in between. Fit is where it's at. For me, it's about the no muss no fuss high speed no drag messaging and email push. When the chips are down and it's about getting the job done; bb get's it done everytime. Even when I have to take care of things on the move, bb get's it done.

Yes I love angry birds, and all the little je jaws and do dads that the other OS/UI's offer. I just cant comprimise the speed and reliability a bb. I don't have that luxury. Now my son is 13 and he thinks that his evo is it; and for him and many others it is.
    I completely agree with you. I believe my first post was a little harsh when I was saying negative things about Blackberry. Blackberry smart phones ARE great devices and to be honest with you, I feel naked without it. As far as using the device as a PHONE and messaging, you can't get any better. I guess my rant was just fussing about the new phones that are rumored to be coming out. Every time a new Blackberry comes out it just seems like the same ol', same ol' and the physical appearance of the phone looks the same along with specs that are not up to par with the Androids and the iPhones. I guess now I'm just wanting a phone that's more flashy looking along with a lot more stuff to do on it and speedy web-browsing. But who doesn't want that stuff? I really don't know why I even made this thread to begin with. I guess I used it as almost some sort of blog post. I agree with you guys that say you don't care. If I saw someone post something like this, I wouldn't care either. I just felt like getting on the forum and typing what was on my mind. Blackberry is a great, highly-reliable device, don't get me wrong. It just seems like the new powerhouse Androids that are coming out soon will trump the Blackberrys that we will be seeing in the future.
    Last edited by eroberts2009; 02-02-11 at 01:43 PM.
    02-02-11 01:41 PM
    qnx and playbook were reactions to your comment about BB being so far behind. Im not a fanboy I am just tired of seeing posts like this. Regardless of what you choose I hope it works for you.
    02-02-11 03:19 PM
    I carry a tablet for everything app wise. my phone just needs to message, lil email, and take and make phone calls. Oh, and the camera comes in handy. Everything else, including most of the things I did on a lap top, I handle via a tablet.
    02-03-11 12:40 PM
    I think I will never ever use anything other than BB's. I really love all devices. Be it the old 83xx series or latest 9780/9800 ! But that's my opinion.

Like diegonei rightly said you should get what suits you.

all the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-11 11:38 PM
    Coming from a current user of the Blackberry Curve, I am jumping ship and heading over to Android. As days go by and new phones are released, it amazes me how far behind Blackberry is in the race between themselves, Apple, and Android. I've been a Blackberry Storm user and am currently a Curve user, and I believe it's time to part ways. It seems that Blackberry is so far behind they will never catch up and unfortunately for them, be nonexistent. I don't know why I felt the need to post this, but I just wanted to. Almost as a customer complaint, I guess. I hope that Blackberry will find their way eventually, but from the way things look, I highly doubt it will happen.
    I've been through loads of phones and never really felt at home with them. I own an iPod touch so don't feel the need for an iPhone although I have several friends who own them and swear by them. I've never felt more at home with a phone more than with my BB. I have a Curve for personal use and a company supplied Pearl for work. Having a full keyboard with buttons is amazing and I couldn't go back to standard phone's texting.
    Everyone is different. There will never be a 100% recommendation to a specific phone. Get one you like, be happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 01:36 PM
    I left blackberry and I had an android and left them after a few weeks and went to iphone and here I am back on blackberry. Blackberry is the best phone as far as security and if you are into playing games deff not the phone for you. If you are on the curve its probably why you think it's behind, I believe you said you went from a bold to a curve why would you down grade? the bold is by far a better phone?
    02-14-11 10:37 AM
    02-14-11 10:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD