My 8530 has many email addresses stored which I never use. Every tip, thread, and instruction clue I have followed reveals itself to be about deleting accounts, which isn't what I'm looking for. I simply want to remove unwanted addresses so I don't run the risk of accidentally sending a note to Antonio's Pizza Carryout when I really meant to write to Aunt Agatha. Is there any way to do it?

hebbes
    03-30-11 07:43 PM
    Are they stored in your address book? You can go through the chore of deleting them from there. If they are email addresses that you've recently used and want to avoid having pop up when you're typing 'Aunt Agatha', you can go to your mailbox>Options>General Options>scroll down to show recent contacts when composing email>select No. This will avoid the accident of telling Antonio's Pizza Carryout about family matters.

Hope that helps.
    hebbes likes this.
    03-30-11 08:11 PM
    The addresses were only in email. The Mailbox Options selection did the trick. Many thanks!
    04-02-11 09:45 PM
    Glad you got it fixed.
    04-02-11 11:01 PM
    Hi,

I'm having the same problem on my Bold but am not sure where to find the mailbox>Options>General Options> that you mention.

Thanks,
    Mike
    07-28-11 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD