my brother has the curve 8520 from rogers, and he's been having problems with dead pixels. the phone he originally got had them, and he returned it and got a second phone, but it has the same problem. i have the same phone, but mine has never gotten dead pixels. does anyone have an idea what's causing this? he keeps his phone in the same pocket as his keys, if that's at all relevant.

thanks
    08-26-10 02:20 PM
    He could be smushing (yes technical term there lol) his phone screen. Have him hold the phone tilted out from him, so the screen colors go negative and see if there is a darker area on the screen. The plastic covering over the LCD isn't very thick on the 8520 I would have him return it and get another phone, then keep his phone in the other pocket - or buy a nice holster, and see if the problem continues. I highly doubt they will.

I have never, ever, had dead pixels on any of my blackberries. But, I know they exist.

Welcome to the Boards BTW Alek
    08-26-10 02:25 PM
    Should be pretty easy to ask him if the phone came with dead pixels from the get-go.

If it came like that, it's just a generic lcd manufacturing defect.
    08-26-10 02:31 PM
    he says that his phone didn't have dead pixels when he first got it, but he does have a screen cover on it, so it probably was a crappy phone from the beginning.

but thanks for the help guys
    08-26-10 02:59 PM
    Screen covers only protect from scratches
    08-26-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD