Using a Curve 8520, I only just realised this after 3 months of use. When I tilt the phone forward (meaning away from me), there's a dark patch on the screen about the size of the BB key.

If I use the phone normally it looks perfectly alright. Am I worrying too much?
    07-10-10 10:29 AM
    I also have something similar. I posted pics, can't access the link because I'm about to leave, but you can search for my post. From everything I was told, it seens more likely that they are pressure marks. I haven't had any issues with the screen dying or anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-10-10 10:40 AM
    It's probably a pressure mark, only visible when reflected by light.
    07-10-10 10:43 AM
    Thank you for the fast responses =] Well I did a search twice but didn't turn up the thread you mentioned, but now that I've read through it, it seems like there's nothing to worry.

Just wondering if the manufacturer 1-year warranty covers this defect? I said defect because I don't believe I've handled it abusively or forcefully.
    07-10-10 10:47 AM
    I actually never asked. I thought, since the screen is like all plastic, it was from having is in my jeans pocket and then getting in my truck. I haven't sat on it or anything, so I just try and ignore it.

07-10-10 11:53 AM
    Okay, I took in my Curve 8520 and it was labeled with "Dead Pixels" and I got a refurbished set right on the spot.

Just in case anyone is wondering. Sorry for resurrecting the thread.
    08-26-10 01:03 AM
    Hmm very interesting. Don't think I have ever heard of that solution to the problem. But heck, that works

08-26-10 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD