can someone explain why on the Curve 2 the battery life is horrible? I do not use mine very much during the day the by 3 pm it is almost dead-is there something wrong?
    08-23-10 04:19 PM
    First off, welcome to the forums....

How long have you had your phone?
    08-23-10 04:35 PM
    I have had the 8530 for three days now and I gotta tell you coming from a Storm 1 this is an awesome phone battery life is very good compared to my storm memory is great this has WIFI. I have taken my phone off the charger at 7:00 am and by 2:00 am it is close to being dead thats with mile to moderate use but I have wifi enable as well as occasional bluetooth use and texting. I am impressed so far.

:-)
    08-23-10 04:47 PM
    Glad it is going well for your Andrew! I love my battery life.
    08-23-10 04:53 PM
    Mine is awesome! Mine lasts 1-1 and a half day...
    08-23-10 05:00 PM
    I have the 8530 curve also. The battery life sucked also in the beginning but after having it for 2 months its good now. Give it time! I surf the net a lot and do a lot of texting and the battery lasts me about 2 days. I learned from the nice people on crackberry to turn off your wifi and make sure you close out everything like e-mail and your apps. Trust me it will get better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 05:02 PM
    Just wanted to comment and say that my curve 8530 battery was going dead about three times a day, It got to the point where i carried the charger wherever I went, although my friend had one and his last around two days and another friend was had the same problem I had with three different 8530's. I tried different battery's in mine and it seemed to be a problem with the phone its self so I am not sure what is causing it but it seems to happen to specific phones. I wonder if it may also be carrier specific because the friend who has his last 2 days is with rogers, where as mine and my friend who's didn't last were both with Virgin.

I have now switched to the bold 9700 though and couldn't be happier.
    08-24-10 12:02 AM
    The 9700 battery life is great!

For some reason the 8530/20 batteries had issues with some of the earlier ones. I have mainly seen it in the Purple 8530's for Sprint. But - yeah. I have great success with mine Thanks for the comment Jake!
    08-24-10 12:06 AM
    the battery life wouldn't be anything to do with the carrier, as I'm with Virgin and mine works fine.

It could be a dodgy connection between the phone and the battery? or just the battery itself?
    08-24-10 04:01 AM
    Took my 8530 verizon curve off charge at 10:30 pm last night it is now 11;15 am only lost one bar I am posting with it now just checked still one bar gone. Like I said before way better than my storm. One reason storm had much bigger screen is all I can think of. But I love this 8530

08-24-10 10:19 AM
    the battery life wouldn't be anything to do with the carrier, as I'm with Virgin and mine works fine.

It could be a dodgy connection between the phone and the battery? or just the battery itself?
    I knew that came off wrong, what I actually meant was maybe the network that the carrier was on, as in my 8530 was still on a CDMA network. I am not too sure if the type of network can have any sort of effect on the battery life though, but it was worth a guess.

But reading through the forums right now I am noticing ALOT of people are having battery problems with the 85** models.
    08-25-10 11:58 PM
    But reading through the forums right now I am noticing ALOT of people are having battery problems with the 85** models.
    Keep in mind that you only see the problems. On a very rare case do you see people who just come here to praise their phones. If one doesn't have an issue, they don't post it.

Just my $0.02
    08-26-10 12:13 AM
    Buy an extended battery from here. Its worth the $$$$.

Tim
    08-26-10 07:56 AM
    Keep in mind that you only see the problems. On a very rare case do you see people who just come here to praise their phones. If one doesn't have an issue, they don't post it.

Just my $0.02
    This is true. But at the same time, the "problems" I have seen seem to revolve around the battery issues (which was MY biggest issue with the phone) which would lead me to believe that it is a reoccurring problem with many phones of this model.

But you do have a valid point, there could be millions of this model that don't have any problems.
    08-26-10 03:15 PM
    I just got my 8530 on Tuesday night. So far the battery is down to three bars. But I have the WiFi turned off, because the 3G works just fine, so that helps. And I've been using it for email, Facebook, and other apps.

Still, to be on the safe side, I bought a spare battery and a charger for it. Just a spare regular battery, as I have read mixed reviews on the extended life ones. I think that having a spare should be good enough for my needs.
    08-26-10 05:04 PM
    My battery with the 8530 was absolute garbage for the first week or so, now it lasts me a day or so.
    I bought smartwifi and battery booster from the app store only $0.99 now and now it's even better.
    08-26-10 07:40 PM
    Wow that's really interesting. Your 8530 running on 3g.....

08-26-10 08:29 PM
    Wow that's really interesting. Your 8530 running on 3g.....

Mine also runs on 3G, and it also says 3G on the bottom of the back cover, in little letters/numbers lol. I never use WIFI.
    08-26-10 10:22 PM
    I don't know what the fuss is all about, I'm constantly texting, e-mailing and surfing the web, and my battery lasts for two or three days. Four tops, my advice would be to only charge when it's nearly dead cause if you charge it every night it could have repercussions in the future!

08-27-10 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD