I own a Curve 8530 on the Sprint network. Is there a way to check incoming text messages while on a phone call? I know that I can't surf the Web and talk at the same time, but is it possible to text and talk at the same time?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-22-11 05:57 PM
    While in a call keep hold of the blackberry button and when the what's running menu pops up select home screen then you can check your inbox etc I guess you can sure while on the phone, too. Connect to wife and use headpones to talk

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    bbangelbaby likes this.
    02-22-11 06:20 PM
    There is an option to make it so you can get txt notifcations. While on a call

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 06:25 PM
    While in a call keep hold of the blackberry button and when the what's running menu pops up select home screen then you can check your inbox etc I guess you can sure while on the phone, too. Connect to wire and use headpones to talk
    That's accurate. You might also turn the speaker on before you check the messages.

And welcome to the forums.
    bbangelbaby likes this.
    02-22-11 06:47 PM
    Thanks chrisstanley and diegone! Worked like a charm. Also, I discovered that in addition to being able to check the texts that I can indeed surf the Web and do other multitasking while on a call. I thought that I had read my manual thoroughly, but I think that I must have been on information overload to have missed the instructions for this. Thank you all so much again.
    Last edited by bbangelbaby; 02-23-11 at 03:17 PM.
    02-23-11 03:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD