I haven't transferred files in quite a while, probably before the most recent destop software update. I connect my phone to the pc and open the desktop software, click on pictures, and it says "you need to turn on mass storage mode from the connected Blackberry device to use this feature. This may require you to reconnect your device."

My phone use to give me this option as soon as I connected it to the pc, now it doesn't, it flashes a black screen with two icons for the phone and computer showing it's connecting. THAT'S IT. I've done this for a week now trying everything, restarting computer, restarting and pulling battery in the phone, trying to find a way to turn this feature on from the phone after connecting... etc.

I've also tried to just email myself the photos I want on my phone and saving them to the phone, and something happens to the resolution somewhere in between. WTF!
    10-04-10 05:30 PM
    I received that error once before myself. I was very confused because I wasn't sure how to change to mass media storage. I shut down the software and opened it again and had to reconnect my phone.

After that I updated my desktop software and I haven't seen it since. What desktop version are you using?
    10-04-10 05:51 PM
    On your phone go to Options>Memory. Make sure Media Card Support and Mass Storage Mode are set to ON, and set Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected to YES
    10-04-10 07:15 PM
    Mass Storage Mode makes your Berry and the SD card act like a separate USB drive.
    10-04-10 08:50 PM
    So, I changed settings in Options, Memory... and I have also deleted the desktop software and reinstalled it... and it still tells me to turn on mass storage...
    10-05-10 12:17 PM
    Did you auto enable Mass Storage Mode?
    10-05-10 12:43 PM
    that is what i changed in options... to do that automatically... and obviously its not doing it automatically.
    10-05-10 12:56 PM
    XP or Win 7?
    10-05-10 01:24 PM
    And did you do a battery pull after making the change?
    10-05-10 01:24 PM
    xp, and battery pull... my phone was a little strange after i updated it to 5.0... but I don't know how to change that... or look into it... I REALLY DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT CHECKED BY THE SPRINT IDIOTS! ugh!
    10-05-10 01:29 PM
    If you plug your Berry in, and go under my computer, can you see it as a "f" (or insert your letter here) drive, and view the files?
    10-05-10 02:31 PM
    not at all, doesn't show... I even tried to just connect the sd card the other day with no luck. It shows it's connected to the desktop software though... but I can't do anything with it.
    10-05-10 02:42 PM
    Forget the desktop software
    You don't need it for transfering files
    Just plug in yourr bb as 'mass storage'
    A new drive *will* appear in my computer
    Just drag your files to it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 07:34 PM
    If you plug your Berry in, and go under my computer, can you see it as a "f" (or insert your letter here) drive, and view the files?
    I do have that on my blackberry, idk why
    04-14-12 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD