If anyone could assist me it would be greatly appreciated.

I just got my first Blackberry, which is the Curve 8530 with Boost Mobile. The problem I am having is that in my apartment complex I don't have service so I set up the wifi. I connect to it just fine and can access aim, hotmail, facebook and google. Yet for some reason, I can not make phone calls, receive any and sometimes I'll receive texts and sometimes I can send them out, but it's very seldom that it actually works.

Does anyone happen to know at all what it is that I did wrong if I did do something wrong at all or if it's the phone itself

Thanks in advance
    06-24-11 03:31 AM
    You do not have Wi-Fi calling on your Boost Mobile plan because it isn't available. The phone works on Sprint's CDMA network. SMS/Text is a separate service and does not work over Wi-Fi-which is a data function.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-24-11 at 05:22 AM.
    06-24-11 05:19 AM
    I don't think texting works over wifi. I'm pretty sure the only things that use wifi on a bb are apps and internet.
    Att has something which boosts your signal in your house. It connects through att u verse,b I'm thinking of getting this because my reception in my house sucks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-11 09:29 PM
    bbm facebook twitter web browsing and the like will all work under wifi, calls and text wont unfortunately....
    06-25-11 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD