This Morning I was trying to add a new contact to my phone, and I went to edit, and the froze, let it sit for a few minutes to find it still frozen. took of my Otterbox, and did a battery pull, which was not fun. Started back up, and tried it again, same thing. but this time I tried a soft reset, and it actually worked, despite the fact that I could not get off of the screen I was on.

So what is going on here? My Service Provider is CriKet, and I have a BB 8530. I was going to try a security swipe, but I cannot figure out the software to backup all of my data, so I gave up.

I hope this is easily fixed because there is no way I will be able to remember peoples numbers.
    phy_begenk likes this.
    04-26-12 01:04 PM
    I also have a problem with my GPS being about 2-5 miles off of my location. I called my Service Provider, and they said it was a BlackBerry Problem.
    04-26-12 01:12 PM
    This Morning I was trying to add a new contact to my phone, and I went to edit, and the froze, let it sit for a few minutes to find it still frozen. took of my Otterbox, and did a battery pull, which was not fun. Started back up, and tried it again, same thing. but this time I tried a soft reset, and it actually worked, despite the fact that I could not get off of the screen I was on.

So what is going on here? My Service Provider is CriKet, and I have a BB 8530. I was going to try a security swipe, but I cannot figure out the software to backup all of my data, so I gave up.

I hope this is easily fixed because there is no way I will be able to remember peoples numbers.
    To back up your software and data, you can use your Blackberry Desktop Manager on your computer.

By any chance, did you install/update your instant messengers like Yahoo, Windows Live or Gchat? If you did, try uninstalling or downgrading. Recently, the updates for those have caused people to not being able to to add or edit their contact lists.
    04-26-12 07:30 PM

Try to delete YM, GTalk, MSN v3.. Hope works and do battery pull if needed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    04-26-12 07:38 PM
    format your device...
    before..backup your data,,only(contact,bbm contact,your memo,or sms)
    sorry i can't speaking english
    04-27-12 01:59 AM
    I tried at school, and on my home PC, the school has too many Administrator restrictions, and my house PC only has XP SP2, and the BlackBerry desktop software says that I need XP SP3. I know that I sort of living in the past, but the computer still works great, plus money is tight, so upgrading is not an option, is there a lower verson of the Desktop Manager I can get?
    04-27-12 12:57 PM
    I tried at school, and on my home PC, the school has too many Administrator restrictions, and my house PC only has XP SP2, and the BlackBerry desktop software says that I need XP SP3. I know that I sort of living in the past, but the computer still works great, plus money is tight, so upgrading is not an option, is there a lower verson of the Desktop Manager I can get?
    Could you upgrade to XP SP3? Download: Windows XP Service Pack 3 Overview - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
    04-27-12 01:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD