The state of the screen has steadily been declining for a few weeks, and I wanted to know if I could repair the damage by doing a DIY screen replacement.

Photo of the damage:

Thanks
    11-08-11 02:10 PM
    yes very straight foward job, i would say if you was getting a replacement of ebay ect, make sure you get the screw driver/s they can be a b!tch to get hold off depending where you are, your problem looks like a seeping lcd screen a new one will be good, on a side note just take your time and be easy with the case taking it apart, some can be flimsy as ****
    11-08-11 03:38 PM
    Agreed with above. Ensure you find one from a seller with good reputation and such. Ensure you get the tools as suggested above. The link is just an example - you can get from anyone you choose. Many DIY instructions with pics and/or videos available online, so you should be good.
    11-08-11 07:06 PM
    Thanks! Don't know why I haven't looked into this before.. ordered the torx T6 so I know what screen to order first
    11-09-11 05:06 PM
    Yes this can be easily fixed by a replacement!
    However when you buy a new lcd be sure to know what model you have for example for about a fiver you cann get the 005/00* version but if this os wrong for your phone then it wont work! You can chec your screen version by taking it out and looking on the small engraved print on the back; the last digits. Should be ***/***

One oter thing i learnt fom my curve make sure yoi bu a high quality screw driver becaise cheap ones round of te screws which for me broke my phone; as i got frustrated and tried to rip off my housing! Just saying

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD