Hello guys, I bough blackberry 8820 from a friend, he told me when he was using it the other day he wasn't able to make/receive any calls/texts and i though it could be an easy fix. The phone is unlocked (un branded) tried with o2, vodafone, lebara SIM cards without any luck (full signal, gprs, etc) but when i try to call somebody it says call failed and the same tone if i try to call somebody which is speaking with someone already (busy tone). When i try to call emergency (e.g. 999) it says ''Phone not allowed MM#5''. The phone is not stolen, etc as this guy is one of my best friends and he just wont lie to me, i also checked the IME and it says that it's not stolen(blocked).

So far i did - about 5 battery pulls (no success) - the following thing - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ no luck either. Totaly wiped the whole phone memory (started with settings like a brand new phone) - no luck either. I can't receive SMS or send SMS either. Cant receive calls too. Wi-fi is working fine though. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    10-22-10 10:21 AM
    Be sure your 8520 is only being tried on GSM networks, as it wont work on CDMA.
    10-22-10 10:43 AM
    Also, Im wondering if it it stolen. I know for sure that a MM6 code means blocked IMEI. Not sure about MM5.... but I have a gut feeling.......
    10-22-10 10:45 AM
    what is CDMA network mate? Its currently showing gprs and 5 bar's signal. As stated i tried with 3 different sim cards and non cured it.
    10-22-10 10:46 AM
    Can't be stolen mate, checked the IMEI and as i said my friend owns this phone from like an year and he just wont lie to me. Im sure if im being able to change the IMEI somehow it will cure the problem though (spend like a whole day googling and that's the only think which i can think of). Any ideas will be welcomed guys.
    10-22-10 10:48 AM
    forgot to mention that it's running the latest software upgrade thingy.
    10-22-10 11:40 AM
    Are you sure the device is unlocked?

When you go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card turn on caps lock and type MEPD. Do you see SIM Disabled, Network Disabled, Network Subset Disabled, Service Provider Disabled, and Corporate Disabled?

Do your SIM cards work in other devices?
    10-22-10 11:45 AM
    Hi mate, i dont get what you mean. All what it says in SIM card option is this -

And yes the sim cards work fine in other devices.
    10-22-10 11:53 AM
    Can't be stolen mate, checked the IMEI and as i said my friend owns this phone from like an year and he just wont lie to me. Im sure if im being able to change the IMEI somehow it will cure the problem though (spend like a whole day googling and that's the only think which i can think of). Any ideas will be welcomed guys.
    It is illegal to alter the IMEI. Violent Crime Reduction Act - Mobile Telephones (Re-programming) Act 2002 | Home Office
    10-22-10 12:43 PM
    Okay so this will be the last resort. Any other ideas how it could be fixed though?
    10-22-10 12:58 PM
    I think your mate is BSing you. Sorry.
    10-22-10 01:27 PM
    Even if it's stolen it should say the MM6 error. And i got experience with another stolen phone and the sim card couldn't even be recognized. Thanks for your time though RWWackoStu.
    10-22-10 01:55 PM
    [QUOTE=lak611;5701282]Are you sure the device is unlocked?

When you go to Options>Advanced Options>SIM Card turn on caps lock and type MEPD. Do you see SIM Disabled, Network Disabled, Network Subset Disabled, Service Provider Disabled, and Corporate Disabled?

Do your SIM cards work in other devices?[/QUO
    11-06-11 11:48 AM
    how do u know what the pin is
    11-06-11 11:49 AM
    11-06-11 12:02 PM
    I'm having exactly the same problem, I have got into the sim card section and it reads
    SIM: Disabled, Network: Active, Network subset: Disabled, Service provider disabled.

What does this mean anyone??
    12-10-11 12:16 PM
    Hi there, the things u listed about sim being disabled, network disabled etc is showing on my blackberry tourch, how do i resolve this problem?
    04-24-13 09:09 AM
    Hello guys, I bough blackberry 8820 from a friend, he told me when he was using it the other day he wasn't able to make/receive any calls/texts and i though it could be an easy fix. The phone is unlocked (un branded) tried with o2, vodafone, lebara SIM cards without any luck (full signal, gprs, etc) but when i try to call somebody it says call failed and the same tone if i try to call somebody which is speaking with someone already (busy tone). When i try to call emergency (e.g. 999) it says ''Phone not allowed MM#5''. The phone is not stolen, etc as this guy is one of my best friends and he just wont lie to me, i also checked the IME and it says that it's not stolen(blocked).

So far i did - about 5 battery pulls (no success) - the following thing - http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/remo...lackberry-569/ no luck either. Totaly wiped the whole phone memory (started with settings like a brand new phone) - no luck either. I can't receive SMS or send SMS either. Cant receive calls too. Wi-fi is working fine though. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Hi mate, i live in the uk and i have had the exact same problem i owned 2 blackberrys all from carphonewarehouse (8520 & 9300) all new.i recently brought a blackberry 8520 off of ebay and it was spares and repairs because the screen was cracked in other words it needed replaceing so i replaced the screen and it works fine but when i got it (when it still had the broken lcd) i tried to put in a 02 as the phone was locked to 02 and because i never used the sim it said "sim not proisioned:2" but i could only see it a little bit because it still had the broken lcd so i took the sim out and i put it in my other 8520 (the one from carphonewarehouse) and it said the same thing on where it is ment to show the network, "sim not provisioned:2". on the blackberry i got off ebay i could only just about see the number to 2 because the lcd was broken. After i had replaced the lcd it worked and i tried to call 999 to see if it would make a call but it said this "phone not allowed MM#5".so i thought that the phone couldent make/recive calls/text so obv i googled it and really nothing came up.after i thought why not put the sim in to my 8520 from carphonewarehouse again and check if it will call 999 and so i did just that and guess what, it said the same thing when i tried to call 999, "phone not allowed MM#5" so then i knew it was the sim that was causeing this issue/message to pop up but even with the sim out, blackberrys are still ment to make emergancy calls and the blackberry that i brought off ebay was still saying the message "phone not allowed MM#5" when you call 999 with out a sim inside the phone.then i thought ill take the sim out of the 8520 from carphonewarehouse to check if it will make a emergancy call with out the sim like the 8520 i brought off ebay so i took the sim out and check if it will make a 999 call without the sim card in and it diddent it still said the message "phone not allowed MM#5" like it said on the 8520 i brought off ebay.long story cut short found a 02 sim card laying around the house and put that in to my 8520 from carphonewarehouse and it worked on the top of the screen it said 02-UK so i tried makeing a 999 call and it worked so i put it in the 8520 i brought off ebay and i tried to make a 999 call and it worked!!!!!!! So mate you sould try to put a sim that works in or get a sim that dosent work put that in then put in a sim that dose work and it should work that what i did on my 8520 from carphonewarehouse and it worked and the 8520 i brought off ebay so you should try that mate hope i helped anyone who was lookig for an awnser :-)
    Last edited by amooorsamemate; 04-28-13 at 07:09 AM.
    04-28-13 06:08 AM
    Hey guyz I have a belkberry bold and It not alwed to make a call also an mms so can help me model number 9780 Imei 354262049724899
    05-01-13 07:00 AM
    Dose it say "phone not allowed mm#5"?
    05-02-13 09:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD