When I use the built in browser, when I first open it up, it says "requesting" at bottom of screen and takes FOREVER TO LOAD!

I have cleared the cache and everything else and its still uber slow....

I jut got the phone, its a boost mobile 8530.... is it defective? It seems the communication is slow on app world also...

I used a mytouch 4g previously, maybe this blackberry is just has a super slow processor? Self diagostics show no problems...
    03-17-11 08:43 PM
    You're on a network known to be super-slow with data speeds, but call customer service, get connected with a tech, and see if they have something set wrong. Use another phone for the call.

You can disable javascript through browser options. That should help it some.
    03-17-11 09:32 PM
    yeah I disabled java script before posting that, and its still super slow either on my 10mpbs wifi or on 3g...

Might have to call customer service...
    03-17-11 09:41 PM
    Ummm...is it on IE emulation? That would make it Super slow and not load any mobile sites.

To check open your browser, click the menu button, go to options, then to Browser Configuration, then scroll down to Browser Identification. If its on Firefox or Internet Explorer, change it to Blackberry.

If its on Blackberry, its your data plan, or if your using wifi, your network speed. BigBadWolf"s advice should help in that case!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 10:47 PM
    It should move along at a decent clip on WiFi. What OS are you on, and what's the dBm of the WiFi connection?
    03-17-11 11:19 PM
    Hey BigBadWolf, what's the normal dBm of a wifi/cellular connection? Just wondering!

03-17-11 11:31 PM
    For WiFi 40-50 is good, 2G 60-70, and 3G never shows below 70.

WiFi would depend on the equipment, and proximity. It only carries 300 yards or so if lucky, so you can watch the signal drop (number get higher, but is negative, so it's lower ) as you walk away.

I've seen 2G in the low 30's, and 3G seems to still work on calls for me near 120, where 2G seems to fail about 110.
    03-18-11 12:43 AM
    Oh...then I'm on 2G... And my wifi is 74!!! Awesome

Thanks!

03-18-11 01:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD