I got a Curve 8530 a few weeks ago as an upgrade. For my work, I spend a lot of time on email and on the device's internet browser. Just today I noticed that when I try to click on a link within the browser, pressing the button (what used to be a trackwheel on the older devices but now is a trackpad) is not activating the link (i.e., "requesting" the page). It just does nothing. I am guessing I accidentally changed some setting or something, but I have no idea. Any ideas? Thanks!
    08-24-10 06:56 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

A battery pull usually works. If it doesn't, an OS update maybe able to fix the problem.
    08-24-10 10:11 PM
    OS update is waaaay down the road, and should only be used if your problem is not network/internet related. This sounds like a network/registration issue to me. Not a software issue. IF a battery pull doesn't work try going to:

Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table> click the menu button and say: Register Now.

Most likely something has changed with your carrier's BIS/BES and you need to re-register with the network, then all should be good to go.
    08-24-10 10:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD