I have a 8530 and have never had any battery issues prior to tonight. The battery was fully charged, barely used it at all until i got to work. It still had a full bar when I got there. I'm in a warehouse and get next to no service inside, its constantly searching for network and what not. Some texts take a long time to send or receive and the battery will go down a bar maybe bar and a half, pretty normal to me by now.

Well tonight I'm texting like normal, maybe a little more than usual but definitely not the most I ever done there. Battery dies a bit, don't think twice about it. A few more texts and it just starts going down, gets all the way down to orange QUICKLY. Not 5 minutes later completely dead. Powered it back on for the **** of it. Screen pops up and says battery drained. Get it home plug it in and nothing. No red charge light, screen/keys dont light up. Let it sit for 20 min and try turn it on, nothing. Plug it back in for an hour and check, nothing. Pull/replace battery and plug it in, nothing.

Is this battery done or do I just need to pull it for like an hour and replace it?
    08-03-10 11:13 PM
    Hello, sorry to hear this happen to someone else. I have had this happen two other times....each time I had to get the phone replaced. Did the phone seem hot/warm at all during the battery drainage? My first turned off for low battery, and never turned back on. Second would turn back on with a charged battery, but wouldn't charge it. And got hot during boot up/normal usage, to the point it was unusable. Drain the battery so fast you could watch it go down .both were replaced with warranty, was running factory/stock os one the first one (459) and second unit (734) and my carrier is sprint. Hope this helps?!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 09:35 AM
    Went to the Sprint store/repair shop today. The battery tested bad, but of course they don't stock them there. They told me it should be in tomorrow afternoon, possibly the following day. I can live without til tomorrow but it's going to suck if I have to wait longer. They had no loaner phones either. Really dont want to replace the phone, especially twice lol...sounds like a hassle. Oh well, thats what the insurance is for.
    08-04-10 02:07 PM
    Went to the Sprint store/repair shop today. The battery tested bad, but of course they don't stock them there. They told me it should be in tomorrow afternoon, possibly the following day. I can live without til tomorrow but it's going to suck if I have to wait longer. They had no loaner phones either. Really dont want to replace the phone, especially twice lol...sounds like a hassle. Oh well, thats what the insurance is for.
    whatever happened in this situation? Did the new battery alone fix your issue? My gf's BB just started doing the same thing about an hour ago. I can't get it to charge or anything. I've done several battery pulls.
    01-03-11 09:39 PM
    Draining a the battery on a Litihum ION below the 10% marker is dangerous and actually deteriorates it life
    p4jc_vntg likes this.
    01-04-11 12:43 AM
    i had a similar issue, my battery was 90% when I went to sleep one night. Next morning the phone is dead. I pulled out the battery and reinserted it, the led shows red for a second and the phone won't boot. I plugged in the wall charger and left it for an hour, when I checked it the phone was up and running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 10:49 AM
    Here is tip for those of you who let your battery drain to the point that it will not charge. If you have a extra usb cable laying around cut the end off that you would normally plus into the phone. Strip some of the black rubber off to expose the colored wires. Cut all off except for the red and black. Strip off the red and black cover to expose the bare wires. Remove battery and hook the red wire to the positive side little terminal, and the black to the negative side. Put the battery back in and it should jump start your phone kinda like jumping a car. Then just let it charge for a couple minutes, and then disconnect. Plug into your regular wall charger. Hope you all find this as useful as I did..
    01-12-11 05:55 PM
    Here is tip for those of you who let your battery drain to the point that it will not charge. If you have a extra usb cable laying around cut the end off that you would normally plus into the phone. Strip some of the black rubber off to expose the colored wires. Cut all off except for the red and black. Strip off the red and black cover to expose the bare wires. Remove battery and hook the red wire to the positive side little terminal, and the black to the negative side. Put the battery back in and it should jump start your phone kinda like jumping a car. Then just let it charge for a couple minutes, and then disconnect. Plug into your regular wall charger. Hope you all find this as useful as I did..
    Thanks a lot Sir This is very helpful it worked. Your the man!
    01-27-11 11:43 AM
    I am having the exact same problem. How did you guys manage to strip the coating off the little black and red wires? They are so tiny and I can't seem to do it.
    01-27-11 04:00 PM
    I am having the exact same problem. How did you guys manage to strip the coating off the little black and red wires? They are so tiny and I can't seem to do it.
    I guessing they did it with wire stripper/pliers. Here is a picture of them.
    01-27-11 04:11 PM
    Thanks. I don't have a pair though. Anyone have any other ways to do it?
    01-27-11 04:13 PM
    Thanks. I don't have a pair though. Anyone have any other ways to do it?
    I am an electrician, handyman, computer geek so here is how I strip thin wires when even a wire stripper doesn't work well.
    Use a lighter or matches to melt the plastic off them.
    With the flame on the end of the wire as if it were a fuse and you were trying to light it. Hold the flame there for a few seconds and then either the plastic will melt off or it will come off easily by pulling it off. Just be careful not to burn yourself as the plastic can melt and drip.

Good luck,
    AndyHandy

PS: I actually have the same problem with my blackberry which has worked perfectly for the month that I have had it.
    Last edited by AndyHandy; 01-28-11 at 03:09 PM.
    01-27-11 10:56 PM
    Before you try what rtlatak posted and my tip for stripping wires...Try This. I just tried this and it worked on my 8530 Curve:
    I tried so many combinations and I finally think I have solved this problem.

You must follow these steps exactly in order for this to work:
    You will need a USB cable that will connect your phone to a computer.

1) Make sure the phone has the battery in it and do not press any buttons. Also Make sure that your wall charger is unplugged from the phone and from the wall.
    2) With your computer on, connect the phone to the computer with the USB cable. Leave it connected and continue to step 3.
    3) Don't remove the USB cable from the computer until all of the following has occurred:
    The battery logo is displayed on the screen, eventually the phone will automatically restart and may even crash and try to restart more than once.
    After the phone is completely loaded and you see the home screen on the phone then disconnect it from the computer.
    4) Plug your wall charger into the wall outlet and then connect the other end to your phone.
    The phone should now be on, stay on, and also charging the battery.

If this works then great, just make sure you fully charge the battery and keep it at least 10% full all the time.
    Hope this helped.
    Last edited by AndyHandy; 01-27-11 at 11:38 PM.
    01-27-11 11:12 PM
    So, has this helped anyone else besides me?
    It has been 4 days so far and my blackberry is still kicking with no problems.
    Last edited by AndyHandy; 01-31-11 at 03:19 PM.
    01-31-11 03:15 PM
    I just had same problem with my BB Z30 the battery not removeable. any help?
    03-22-14 05:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD