Hello

I am new to this website and also a new black berry user. I got some help from this forum on updating my phone software. Now I have :

v5.0.0.1036 (bundle 1682, platform 5.2.0.104)

Everything is working fine except for a small problem that, I do not see the lighting bolt on the battery when I put the phone for charging.

I recently upgraded my friends phone to the same version and he is having battery lightning bolt.

I have had a lot of battery pulls but it still doesn't show up. I did check on the forum for help with the key word "batter lighting bolt" but did not get any specific help.

I wish I could fix this problem.

Thanks

Ebin
    03-16-11 02:05 AM
    This may sound like a stupid question but are you sure its charging?
    Try another charger or another outlet.
    Does the clock come up when you plug it in?
    03-16-11 02:58 AM
    yes its charging fine. i am just nagging that i want that icon to be blinking. :P
    03-16-11 03:00 AM
    Oh ok lol
    well i looked around for a answer to your problem and couldnt find anything.
    Maybe someone else will be able to help you.
    Good luck on getting your lightning bolt back!
    03-16-11 03:12 AM
    yes. that's what happened to me . i could not find anything. someone had mentioned that if we use custom themes, then this might happen. But I am not using any custom theme.

anyways thanks for your effort for helping me. hope some one will come and explain why this is happening.
    03-16-11 03:14 AM
    change your theme to default. alas but only the original theme supports the battery bolt charging indicator
    03-16-11 06:47 AM
    Do you have the 8520 or 30?
    03-16-11 09:43 AM
    Change the theme back to the default one...but doesn't this seem like a small issue? I can't even notice it, only if i look really hard...
    03-17-11 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD