What is the purpose of the dedicated "$" key? I mean, I get that it's nice that you don't have to press "alt" before hitting it, but one almost always uses a dollar sign with a number and you have to hit "alt" for the numbers so you would be hitting alt anyways... so... It's pointless.

Am I missing something?
    03-06-10 02:06 AM
    Yeah I agree. They shouldve had it as a comma or something.

Im going to assume the $ is there because blackberrys are business consumer based.
    03-06-10 02:35 AM
    And why do we have to use the left alt key for numbers - my thumb gets in the way of the 7. The right alt key would have been better, I tend to use num lock (left alt and left shift) now when entering numbers in text fields.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-06-10 04:49 AM
    such is life with the 85xx....small price to pay for a great Berry!!
    03-06-10 07:44 AM
    OK, so i never actually noticed that key, always use the symbol key to get $. But I see it has a profiles symbol on top. So I would think alt+ that button would get me to profiles, but its just doing the same thing as the $ without alt. Am i missing something?
    03-06-10 11:08 AM
    I always forget that that key is there and hit symbol and then remember
    03-06-10 11:10 AM
    Moreover some cover really hiders us from typing.
    03-06-10 12:05 PM
    It's also the speakerphone key
    03-06-10 12:12 PM
    Holy smokes. Had my phone for 3 days and never noticed that... Knowledge is power!
    03-06-10 12:41 PM
    OK, so i never actually noticed that key, always use the symbol key to get $. But I see it has a profiles symbol on top. So I would think alt+ that button would get me to profiles, but its just doing the same thing as the $ without alt. Am i missing something?
    Its not for profiles, it toggles the speaker on and off.

03-06-10 12:56 PM
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$$$

03-06-10 02:38 PM
    Moreover some cover really hiders us from typing.
    That isn't an issue of the BB, that is an issue with your cover. I use the OtterBox Defender and have no problem with typing on the keyboard, even with the keyboard protector installed.
    03-06-10 03:15 PM
    I guess I never really thought about it. It's nice to have it right there when you need it though.
    03-06-10 06:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD