My GOD!!! I have just spent the entire morning, 5 hours, trying to get some support for an issue I have with my Blackberry Curve 8520 & BlueTooth enabled headsets.

T-Mobile fobbed me off to Blackberry US who wanted $48 count them 4 8 of your American DOLLARS to even talk to me about it!

Basically, it is all about "Voice activated dialing" from the headset. I had a previous headset that over night stopped opening the "voice activation" app on the phone & instead dialed the last number called. I though it was a problem with the headset as it was only a cheapy & after pulling it to bits & thus invalidating my warranty to see why it wasn't working (I though one of the buttons was stuck) I resorted to buying a new Blackberry one. Exactly the same problem with this!

Blackberry are happy to take your money but offer DIABOLICAL customer support! I am now going to send the whole lot back & get something that works.

Out of interest does anyone else know of this & a fix? Sorry I haven't looked it up in previous threads but I am pig sick of it all this morning & hours behind my usual daily schedule because of it!
    Last edited by pup100; 02-25-11 at 05:20 AM. Reason: Spelling
    02-25-11 05:12 AM
    Did you try the famous battery pull? Seen that a few times. Pull the batt and voila. At least in my cases.
    pup100 likes this.
    02-25-11 06:20 AM
    Yep I have tried the batery pull No good.

My service provider is now refusing to take back the phone saying that it is a problem with the headset although it has failed with 2 different sets now, both of which work perfectly with other phones!
    02-25-11 07:04 AM
    How old is the phone? Just escalate your complaint till they swap out your phone. If you bark loud enough, long enough you will get what you want I work in wireless so thats usually what it takes to get what you need done.
    02-25-11 07:13 AM
    The phone is only about 3 months old BayouBengal21.

Problem I have got is Blackberry phones say it is a problem with the Blackberry headset & the headset people say it is a problem with the phone & T-Mobile are washing their hands of the whole thing!

The guy at T-Mobile (Service provider) seems to think that just because the "Voice dialing" app opens when I physically push the button on the side of the phone that there is no problem with the phone itself. Fact is I have tried two headsets with this now, including a Blackberry one, & they have failed to work, although they work fine on my wife's Nokia voice app.

There is some kind of OS problem with this as there are loads of related posts on the net about it, but to the best of my knowledge no solutions!

BTW - How the **** do you contact Blackberry? outside of the direct link my service provider facilitated this morning? There is nothing on the website for "contact us" & they seemed to have fobbed all assistance off onto sites such as this to get kind & considerate guys like you to sort out their problems!
    Last edited by pup100; 02-25-11 at 08:04 AM.
    02-25-11 07:53 AM
    Yeah, we're great. In fact, RIM should hire us all, they'd be better off for the most part.

Did you try updating your OS?
    02-25-11 08:18 AM
    Yep tried that diegonei - no joy!
    02-25-11 08:30 AM
    Can you wander into a T-Mobile store and try pairing your headset with an identical demo model? I know a lot of stores will have live working models available to check out while you're there. That would confirm or deny whether the problem really is your headset or the phone.
    pup100 likes this.
    02-25-11 08:37 AM
    That is a great idea trucky!

Truth be known I have become so consumed with all this this morning that I have lost the woods for the trees & got transfixed on sorting this out online or by phone that I didn't even think about the stores!

We have a store in our High Street, I will pop in there tomorrow & see what they have got to say about it.

Thank you all for your help!
    02-25-11 08:53 AM
    It's easy to get wound up in something. I just have learned to try an isolate the problem and work from there. You should know something concrete tomorrow.

Good Luck!
    02-25-11 08:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD