Hi, I have a huge problem with my 8520 as its got a white screen. I bought it off one lad very cheaply as it was only a motherboard, I then bought an lcd for it 007 model and fit it in. After everything put in place it was time to start it but unfortunately white screen came up. I have tried to:

* change lcd from 007 to 005 - nothing
    * wipe the device, install MFI files and then upgrade software - nothing

I have no idea what else I can try... Just to make clear that LCD screens were brand new. I guess its just useless motherboard ?
    04-20-12 07:45 PM
    Do you have BBSAK loaded on your pc?
    With BBSAK it will show you a screen shot if your main board is toast nothing will show up on BBSAK.
    Try that first before giving up hope.
    04-21-12 09:54 AM
    Well it seems to be working as I can see different screenshots on the BBSak. The only thing is that the trackpad isn't working for some reason. I have tried to put different one, used or a new one, without solution which might work... what's next ? In addition I still can't see anyhting on the screen as its white.
    Last edited by PanKazik; 04-21-12 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spell check.
    04-21-12 09:18 PM
    With BBSAK you wont be able to scroll while on screen shot if your able to see different screen shots when you click in and out and move the track pad a bit then you know the track pad is working your only other solutions are First to try another brand of LCD screen... where did you purchase your last one from i can tell you from past experience if its a Chinese LCD replica they are garbage.
    And what OS is currently on your Device now you may have to load very first OS for the screen to work.
    These are the only things i can think of...
    Good luck
    04-22-12 11:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD