Hi, am new to BB so please be patient with me !
    I've got two email accounts set up (I managed to do that all on my own woohooo !) but now I have 3 icons - the message box, and two email boxes. I've tried the "separate" thing in options but the message box is still getting everything in it.
    I really want SMS in one box and emails in one other box. How do I do this - and please explain it to me like I am a total numpty
    Cheers
    Gundogsgalore
    Last edited by gundogsgalore; 02-01-10 at 05:36 PM.
    02-01-10 05:31 PM
    Messages = combination of all email accounts and SMS (if you set sms and email to combined).

If you set sms and mms to separate, sms/mms has it's own inbox, everything else is in messages.

Just move the two inboxes of the individual email accounts somewhere else where you don't see them. They're always there, but you don't need to use them.

Now you have Messages (email) and sms/mms in separate inboxes.
    02-01-10 05:35 PM
    Thanks for your superquick reply but I'm afraid I don't understand what you're saying ?
    like I said I'm really really new (like 3 days) to Blackberry.
    I don't want to separate SMS and MMS, they can go in the same place.
    I want SMS/MMS (texts and picture messages yeah ?) in one place.
    And emails in another place.

Currently I have *everything* in the "messages" box, and it would seem rather random emails in the other two email boxes.

When you click on View folder in the individual box, there's a lot of options to choose - should it be + beside what you want displayed. Then I seem not to be able to save that option and when I click on "back" it just goes back to what it was before.
    02-01-10 05:41 PM
    Set the sms/mms options in Messages to "Separate" (Messages > Options > General Options > SMS and Email Inboxes > Separate)

That makes your sms/mms in one inbox, called "SMS and MMS".

The "other two" inboxes are your individual email account inboxes. Those you don't need. Either hide them or put them in a folder somewhere.
    02-01-10 05:51 PM
    Sorry I still don't have this sorted.
    Like I said I want SMS in one box and emails in another.

Currently due to all the fiddling around I'm not getting any alerts, I can't see SMS unless I go into options and click the SMS folder, and then it disappears after I press "back".

I think I'll have to see if I can find an actual person to talk to over the phone becuase I don't seem to be able to make myself clear.
    02-02-10 04:15 AM
    49 minutes on the phone to Blackberry support at Orange and it's finally sorted out !
    the phone needed a hard reset, two soft resets, and all sorts of fiddling around - even the guy who was on the phone had to keep asking other people how to fix it !
    02-02-10 08:55 AM
    I am having the same problem! I don't care for the message inbox. I just want my blackberry email inbox, bellsouth email inbox, and I do already have the sms/mms inbox set up fine.

What are hard and soft resets? Is it something I can do myself?
    02-02-10 01:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD