I am new to the world of BB. I have an 8520 and I put a passcode on it and now forgot the passcode. I know that if I enter the wrong passcode 10 times it will wipe all the info on it, unless I have it synced and backed up. This may be a really stupid question, but do I have to be able to access it to sync it? I have never done this before but I really don't want lose all the info.
    02-17-10 01:04 AM
    Nothin you can do except try to remember the password and pray you can get it right before the device gets wiped.
    02-17-10 01:09 AM
    Thats what I was afraid of Thank you
    02-17-10 01:10 AM
    And there is absolutely no way around it what so ever? I'm grasping. lol
    02-17-10 01:15 AM
    No way around it. BBs have the best security of any smartphone made. If you put in a password you have to remember it or you are SOL. Another reason to make requent backups using DM.
    02-17-10 06:18 AM
    All right, thank you. I have a few tries left before I hit the 10th try.
    02-17-10 01:16 PM
    All right, thank you. I have a few tries left before I hit the 10th try.
    Good Luck and welcome to the forum. I'm glad you posted this so that hopefully other new users will stumble across this post. It contains two very valuable lessons:

1.) MAKE BACKUPS, not just for your phone but your PC also. I can't stress this enough to all my friends and co-workers.

2.) Use a password that is easy to remember but is unique to you. Name of favorite book or movie, street name where you were born or raised, name of your first ever girlfriend, etc.

Funny story, my daughter made up a word as her password. One day she just blanked and couldn't remember it and asked me if I knew her password. I said no, you made up the word, not me. The light went on and she immediately knew what it was by me mentioning it was a made up word. Kids, you gotta love em.
    02-17-10 09:24 PM
    I am currently experiencing the same thing with my Storm 2, However, I never forgot my password! I went to sync to my computer to import pics and tried puttin in my password, which apparently has changed all on it own, it also asks for me to put 'blackberry' in first to continue, this is how I knew somethin was terribly wrong for it never asked me to do this when unlocking phone before! Now what are you supposed to do when the damn phone start changing the passcode all on its own?!And no one could tell me me why!!!
    07-29-11 11:10 AM
    There's no way that the password can "change all on its own".
    07-29-11 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD